Possible pseudoptosis? How can I fix it? (Photo)

hello! i'm a teenager with sagging breasts. i would like to fix it, but i'm unsure of whats even wrong. ever since i can remember i've had breasts that hang down lower than what they seem they should be, also i'm measured as a D34 for bras. my breasts feel like all the fat is being held down at the bottom around my areolas(which btw also bother me from the size)from the side view they look like it's flat at the top and goes down into a triangle(side note at a front view they have an extreme gap)

Possible pseudoptosis? How can I fix it?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Choose the Best Procedure or Implant for Breast

It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size. The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the breast implant that we choose. We also need to know your height, your weight, and it's helpful to know your dress size as well.

In addition, it would be very helpful if you include photos of yourself. A front view, a side view, and a three-quarter view are most helpful. This will let us see if there are any breast asymmetries, if the breasts are narrow, if the breasts are wide, what your chest wall looks like, and this will also help us make a decision as to the best size breast implant for you.

In my experience in general, if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc.

This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this. For example, if she has a chest wall issue where the chest is slightly sunken, this is called a pectus deformity, then she would require a little bit more volume to first bring her chest to a level position and then move forward to the projection of a C cup. This may require implants of about 50cc more. It's important to examine the patient and have complete information to make this decision.

breast implant size

1.   32 a   to 32 c   needs about 250-275 cc

2.   34a    to 34c     needs about 300-350 cc

3.   36a    to 36 c     needs about 350-400 cc

4.   You will be a double dd or larger  with 400

Your doctor will work with you to choose the best implant #shape and #implantprofile based on your goals and measurements.  In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.  The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the patient desires, as well as the size of the implant and size of her chest. The profiles are usually described as high, moderate plus and moderate.

Breast surgery

If you are a minor under age 18,  you need to hold off for now.  You would need to undergo a breast lift and probably a small implant.  This surgery does the nvolve scars, so you need to educate yourself on the different types of lifts and the scars involved.  Reduction of you areolae would automatically be done at the same time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast ptosis

Thank you for your question and photos.  You have ptosis and enlarged areolas with a mild constriction of the breast.  This is a common shape that can be improved with a breast lift plus minus an implant for added volume.  This is a normal shape but can be modified with surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to show you options.  Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for the photographs. You have sagging of your breasts and a relatively subtle variant of a tuberous breast deformity. A breast lift will raise your nipple, decrease the size of your areola, and reshape your breasts to a more youthful appearance. If you would like to increase the size of your breasts you can add an implant. An in person examination is needed for definitive recommendations, but I would offer a patient with your similar anatomy a two stage procedure. A two stage procedure means that the lift and augmentation procedures are separated and not performed at the same time. I offered to stage procedures when a lot of lifting is required. Make sure to see board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options. 

Tuberous breasts with ptosis

You are a condition called tuberous breast as well as sagging of your breasts which is termed ptosis; the safest and most likely successful procedure for you to do would be to undergo a bilateral breast lift; which will save all of your breast volume as well as to make your breasts round and your areolas perky and in a more desirable position centered on your breast mounds on your chest. If you feel that your breast are not adequate in volume, you may then consider a breast augmentation once your new breast shape form has become consolidated.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Ptosis of breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do have ptosis to your breasts with a mild tubular component.  If your breasts concern you then luckily there is help.  You would be an excellent candidate for a lift with or without an implant.  Seek an in person consultation with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who perform a lot of breast reconstruction procedures like above.  Best of luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Correction of Sagging Breast

Thank you for the photos they are very  helpful. You do have ptosis of the breast but the overall appearance of the breast is a variant of the tubular breast. The narrow base of the breast and large areola  are characteristic of this presentation.

The good news is this can be corrected nicely with a lift and if desired the addition of an implant. 

You did not specifically mention your age but it will be important to know if the breasts have changed at all over the last 6 months and you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and discuss your options. 

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photos, you do appear to have breast ptosis as well as constricted breasts. A breast lift would help to reshape your breasts, elevate your nipple positions and reduce the size of your areolae. Consultations with plastic surgeons in your local area will help you to figure out what your best options would be for surgery. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon.

Gregory Park, MD

Ptosis

Thank you for reaching out and posting photos! By looking at your photos, it appears you do have ptosis. This can definitely be corrected. Seeing Board Certified surgeons for an in person consultation will allow you to learn about all of the options and get all of your questions answered. Best of Luck! Dr. Kachenmesiter

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD