Possible pseudoptosis? How can I fix it? (Photo)

hello! i'm a teenager with sagging breasts. i would like to fix it, but i'm unsure of whats even wrong. ever since i can remember i've had breasts that hang down lower than what they seem they should be, also i'm measured as a D34 for bras. my breasts feel like all the fat is being held down at the bottom around my areolas(which btw also bother me from the size)from the side view they look like it's flat at the top and goes down into a triangle(side note at a front view they have an extreme gap)

Tuberous Breasts

You have tuberous breasts.   There are a number of surgical techniques that can give you a normal shaped breast, but with visible scars.    You should ask your mom to bring you to a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with such procedures and go over the options.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to make my breasts look better?

Based on your photos that you posted, your breasts are what we call tuberous. These can be made to look better through various means depending on if you want a breast implant or not. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Possible pseudoptosis? How can I fix it?

Hello and thank you for your question!

Based on the photos you have posted, I believe a Breast lift with implants would be a wonderful choice. It will allow us to reshape your breast and make it look younger, because we would give the nipple complex a higher implantation and we would make sure to give it a rounder shape. Throughout the procedure, we will make an effort to get the most symmetry we can that way they can look more even. As you can understand, no two breasts will ever be 100% equal, but we want to make sure they look as even as possible.

Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Choose the Best Procedure or Implant for Breast

It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size. The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the breast implant that we choose. We also need to know your height, your weight, and it's helpful to know your dress size as well.

In addition, it would be very helpful if you include photos of yourself. A front view, a side view, and a three-quarter view are most helpful. This will let us see if there are any breast asymmetries, if the breasts are narrow, if the breasts are wide, what your chest wall looks like, and this will also help us make a decision as to the best size breast implant for you.

In my experience in general, if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc.

This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this. For example, if she has a chest wall issue where the chest is slightly sunken, this is called a pectus deformity, then she would require a little bit more volume to first bring her chest to a level position and then move forward to the projection of a C cup. This may require implants of about 50cc more. It's important to examine the patient and have complete information to make this decision.

breast implant size

1.   32 a   to 32 c   needs about 250-275 cc

2.   34a    to 34c     needs about 300-350 cc

3.   36a    to 36 c     needs about 350-400 cc

4.   You will be a double dd or larger  with 400

Your doctor will work with you to choose the best implant #shape and #implantprofile based on your goals and measurements.  In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.  The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the patient desires, as well as the size of the implant and size of her chest. The profiles are usually described as high, moderate plus and moderate.

Breast surgery

If you are a minor under age 18,  you need to hold off for now.  You would need to undergo a breast lift and probably a small implant.  This surgery does the nvolve scars, so you need to educate yourself on the different types of lifts and the scars involved.  Reduction of you areolae would automatically be done at the same time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast ptosis

Thank you for your question and photos.  You have ptosis and enlarged areolas with a mild constriction of the breast.  This is a common shape that can be improved with a breast lift plus minus an implant for added volume.  This is a normal shape but can be modified with surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to show you options.  Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for the photographs. You have sagging of your breasts and a relatively subtle variant of a tuberous breast deformity. A breast lift will raise your nipple, decrease the size of your areola, and reshape your breasts to a more youthful appearance. If you would like to increase the size of your breasts you can add an implant. An in person examination is needed for definitive recommendations, but I would offer a patient with your similar anatomy a two stage procedure. A two stage procedure means that the lift and augmentation procedures are separated and not performed at the same time. I offered to stage procedures when a lot of lifting is required. Make sure to see board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options. 

Austin Hayes, MD

Tuberous breasts with ptosis

You are a condition called tuberous breast as well as sagging of your breasts which is termed ptosis; the safest and most likely successful procedure for you to do would be to undergo a bilateral breast lift; which will save all of your breast volume as well as to make your breasts round and your areolas perky and in a more desirable position centered on your breast mounds on your chest. If you feel that your breast are not adequate in volume, you may then consider a breast augmentation once your new breast shape form has become consolidated.

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS

Ptosis of breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do have ptosis to your breasts with a mild tubular component.  If your breasts concern you then luckily there is help.  You would be an excellent candidate for a lift with or without an implant.  Seek an in person consultation with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who perform a lot of breast reconstruction procedures like above.  Best of luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD