How much lip filler do I need? Will half a syringe be enough/noticeable in the lips? (Photos)

My bottom lip is definitely bigger than my top lip, & I dont mind my bottom lip size. However, my top lip is too thin for my liking, and I might only inject my top lip. How much filler will suffice? Will half of a syringe give me noticeable bigger lip? Also, filler should I get/which filler lasts the longest?

Filler for top lip

From the picture it looks as if about a half syringe of Juvederm or similar HA product would easily give you the volume expansion of the upper lip.  Make sure you request an upper lip block to avoid pain on the injection.  Your bottom lip looks good.  Thanks for your question.Dr. ODell

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Ideally, the lower lip should be about 1/3 larger than the top lip. With approximately 1/2 syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler in your upper lip I do think this ratio could be achieved. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon