My Bwd is 12 cm, can I get implants that are wider like maybe 13 cm or 13.5 cm? Also do I need a lift? (photos)

Breast Implants With Or Without Lift

Thank you for the photos and questions. In general, it is recommended that the base width of the breast implant be a little less than or no larger than your breast width. Wider implants can look unnatural with too much lateral fullness. If what you really want is larger volume then there are various high profile, extra high profile and ultra high profile breast implants that give you more volume for a given breast width. A detailed exam is required to select the best breast implant size and profile to accomplish your goals and to decide if you need a lift. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options and I hope it all works our well for you!

Draper Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

I would recommend a lollipop type lift along with implants for you.  You are somewhat borderline as far as whether a breast lift is needed and I suspect you will get different opinions depending on the surgeon.  Some surgeons are more comfortable performing lifts with implants than others.  The implant size will also vary depending on which surgeon you ask and what size you want to be.  I would not go over 400 cc's.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Choosing an implant width how to's

Here's your algorithm for choosing an implant:1. Try on implants and choose a size (reminder, implants look a little smaller when in your body)2. Match your profile to the width of your breast minus at 5-10mm (let's say you are 12cm wide, choose an implant that is 11 to 11.5cm)3. You have your implant!!!!DO NOT use an implant that is wider. Why, you ask? Because then there is rippling that you can see on the side of your breast. Or, the extra implant width will go more toward the sternum, and your nipples will look to the side. OR, the implant will scoot down your chest and give you a double bubble. Got it, ladies? Respect the anatomy and you won't need a revision!!!

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

Breast Base Width Diamater

Thank you for your question and photos. Typically, implants which have a diameter matching or slightly less wide than your base width are ideal to fit you proportionately. You could meet with more than one board certified Plastic Surgeon to compare their suggestions/measurements.
All the best

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thank you for submitting your photos.
My advise will be too reshape your breasts with a Mastopexia surgery with lollipop scar .Also anatomical implants will be used.
Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.Good Luck

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast with of 12 cm will weigh 13 cm implant fit?

Thank you for your good question and photographs. At the outset I would begin by saying I would personally recommend a "limited" periareolar or Benelli uplift in conjunction with placement of breast implants.  My preference is to select the actual implant during the surgical procedure based on the exact appearance of your breast with test implants in place.  My guess is that a 13 or 13.5 cm with implant will provide too much volume for you but I choose to delay the selection of the actual final implant until the surgery when the results can be seen and visualized. There are multiple factors that are involved in making this decision including your size goal, your breast contour and shaping once the implant is in place.
I hope this provides helpful information for you. You might enjoy the video link that is attached for more information about breast uplifts.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

My Bwd is 12 cm, can I get implants that are wider like maybe 13 cm or 13.5 cm? Also do I need a lift?

Thank you for the question.  Based on the photographs, I think that you will benefit from breast lifting surgery; I do not think that you will be pleased with the aesthetic outcome achieved with breast augmentation surgery only.
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to diameter of breast implant versus diameter of breast (band width). In other words, these measurements are useful but are only one of the many factors come into play when it comes to selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.   Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Width

Thank you for your question.  The width of an implant should be within 1 cm of the measured width of your breasts.  You appear to have some asymmetry of the breasts with the one breast being slightly larger and more droopy than the other.  On that side, you may require a circumareolar or vertical lift.  To be sure, I suggest consulting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons certified by the American board of plastic surgery to discuss your options.  I suggest you choose your surgeon based on experience, before and after photos, reviews, discussions with friends or family or others who have had surgery by that surgeon, and your comfort level with your surgeon and his or her plan.