At what point post breast augmentation would it be safe to push a grocery cart or a stroller?

You may want to wait 14 to 18 days.

I usually recommend that women rest and avoid physical activity for the first 4 days after breast augmentation. As you begin to heal, you should be able to resume strenuous physical exercise at 14 to 18 days post-op. Pushing a stroller with a child or cart full of groceries after 2 or 3 weeks should be OK if you’re comfortable and don’t experience any pain. You should always diligently follow your plastic surgeon’s specific instructions for you though and be careful to not over do during your recovery.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Recovery Timeline

It would be best that you discuss specific activity restrictions with your Plastic Surgeon as they know your situation the best. I advise my patients not to lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks minimum and to avoid strenuous, upper body activity.

All the best

Breast augmentation

It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as every surgeon has a slightly different post-operative protocol. 
I don’t recommend my patients engaging in activities that include weight bearing or resistance of more than 5-10lbs before 6 weeks. After 2 weeks, you should be okay to push a grocery cart as long as it is only around 5-10lbs and I would recommend limiting your duties until you are at least 6 weeks into your recovery. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Exertion after breast augmentation

Pushing a cart or a stroller can be quite strenuous.  Usually within a few weeks, if it does not require a lot of exertion, it can be performed.  Best to ask your surgeon first.

Post Breast Augmentation pushing/pulling

I advise my patients to be careful not to push or pull over 5 pounds for the first six weeks. Please follow your plastic surgeon's post operative instructions. Best of luck in your recovery!

Fred Hackney, MD

Breast augmentation recovery

This question is best answered by your plastic surgeon, as each has his/her own preferences.  As long as the cart or stroller isn't excessively heavy, you could proceed with this activity after approximately 7-10 days.  Still it is is best to check with your surgeon as recovery is an individual endeavor.

Camille Cash, MD

ADL's after BAM

Hi forrizzo

It is best to check with your surgeon about this, as everyone does things differently.  

I generally recommend to MY patients not to lift anything more than about 10#, don't strain, twist, pull, push too vigorously for two weeks.

Remember that this is "generally" based on the way I do it, and assuming a perfectly healthy patient not on blood thinners.  

See what your surgeon recommends.

Immediately

There is no significant risk to pushing ga stroller, grocery cart after your surgery, unless it is uphill, and weighs 90#'s. DO not extend your arms too much to push the cart, keep them rather tucked and use your body to 'push' it with your arms as the fulcrum.

Best.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Stroller

Since pushing a shopping cart or stroller does not require much pectoral muscle activity, I believe that two weeks is a good time. Make sure that someone else picks up anything heavier than a quart of milk. As always, your surgeon should be your guide.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon