Could a dog bite hurt silicone implants?

I'm 3 1/2 months post op from getting 360cc silicone implants. I'm 5'8 135 lbs and was an A cup. everything was fine. and then 5 weeks ago I had a dog bite my right breast. there was no broken skin, but did bruise a little. since then my right breast has rippling where the bruise was and I can feel the side of my implant. could this have cause my implant to leak?

Implant rupture from a dog bite

it certainly would be unusual for a new and intact implant to rupture from a dog bite that did not break skin, but based on what you describe, it is possible. The only way to know for sure would be to get an MRI. I think the more likely scenario is that the dog bite causes a closed capsulotomy because it was a lot of pressure on a newly formed capsule. Also, having a big bruise on your breast could have caused fat necrosis which may be some of what you are actually feeling. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Trauma

A small bruise would be expected but a large bruise or firmness would be problematic. If the skin was unbroken it is unlikely that the implant shell would have been affected but you could certainly ask for an ultrasound of the breast if you have ongoing concerns.

All the best

Bites that don't break skin

should not impact your implants.  Your increased rippling could simply be due to your tissues stretching a little or resolution of your swelling from surgery.   If you notice any changes that involve inflammation, swelling, size changes, and spreading redness, you must see your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

Since the skin was not broken it is unlikely that dogbite would affect her breast implants.  A lot of pressure can rupture the capsule of the implant and make it softer and changed shape.  See her plastic surgeon for an examination.

Breast implants

It is very unlikely that the implant was injured, but to be on the safe side contact your surgeon and see what he or she has to say. good luck. Jane