Takes on vaping before BA surgery and after?

I was wondering if y'all thought vaping is different than actually smoking cigarettes considering it doesn't have all the extra chemicals. I vape 12 mg of nicotine.

Nicotine use before surgery

I typically have my patients stop ALL nicotine products including vaping 4-6 weeks prior to surgery.  If you feel that you can't do without, you can always get the 0% nicotine for the e-cigarette.  It is the nicotine that effects the circulation resulting in decreased healing, and increased risk of infection. 

Nicotine use before surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vaping and breasts augmentation

Dear scpauls,
   Cosmetic surgery is a purely elective procedure and complications should be reduced to a minimum. Nicotine can cause reduction in the blood flow to the wound due to vaso- constriction . That fact can theoretically impair the ability of your body to fight infection. Is that possible devastating complication worth the pleasure from 'vaping' ? I would strongly recommend to stop 'vaping' for a week before and after surgery. This is just common sense and good protection of your investment.
                               Dr Widder

Vaping and breasts augmentation

Dear scpauls,
                               Dr Widder

Nicotine before surgery

Thanks for inquiry and an excellent question.  It is the nicotine that plastic surgeons are most concerned about with wound healing.  Please abstain from nicotine for at least three weeks before surgery and three weeks after to reduce the risk of nicotine related wound healing complications.  Good Luck.  

Nicotine before surgery

Thank you for your excellent question.  With the rise in popularity in vaping it is important to remember that the active ingredient in cigarettes and vaping is nicotine.  Nicotine is responsible for narrowing blood vessels and limiting blood flow to areas of healing.  Best to stop all forms of nicotine before surgery, including cigarettes, cigars, vaping, chewless tobacco, etc.  

Effects of nicotine on healing

Thank you for asking about your use of nicotine before surgery.

• Sorry to disappoint you but nicotine has powerful effects on your circulation.
  • It decreases blood supply and can cause problems with healing, just as cigarettes do.
  • Please do not use nicotine in any form before or after your surgery 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes

Effects of nicotine on healing

Vaping (E-cigarettes) and breast augmentation

While vaping does not contain tar and smoke, e-cigarettes contain a mix of other chemicals, which can be harmful. The flavoring agents may be carcinogenic, such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde.

I assume you are using a 12mg/mL nicotine strength e-liquid. Depending on how much solution you use a day, you are probably absorbing a significant amount of nicotine.

Nicotine is well known to delay healing and increase the risk of infection. Unfortunately, it is also extremely difficult to quit nicotine addiction, as all long-time smokers can attest.

Vaping with a nicotine solution will probably negatively affect your breast augmentation procedure in a similar manner as smoking cigarettes.

Please talk to your surgeon and good luck!

Nicotine

Unfortunately it is the Nicotene causing negative effects on circulation and healing. I recommend a minimum of two weeks before and after surgery to be Nicotene free.

All the best

Nicotine

All the best

Takes on vaping before BA surgery and afte

Vaping has significant risk as there are many chemicals in them too. As to the issue with healing ,it is mostly nicotine related and they both have it. I have my patients quite for two weeks before and two weeks after for a breast augmentation

Takes on vaping

Nicotine, whatever way it is ingested or inhaled, can have a deleterious effect on surgery. Some surgical procedures have significantly increased risks of complications if nicotine is in the system. This includes gum, patches and vapors. Nicotine is a powerful constrictor of blood vessels and many plastic surgical procedures require good circulation to the skin. Discuss with your surgeon possible complications if you use nicotine.

Takes on vaping

Breast Aug

I appreciate your question.
Stopping all nicotine products 8 weeks before surgery is best as nicotine delays wound healing and can cause other surgical complications.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Breast Aug

I appreciate your question.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz