Is $3900 quote for C02 ablative laser resurfacing over priced or general cost?

30 y/o male w/ minor acne scarring & large pores. I got quoted $3,900 total cost for a CO2 ablative resurfacing for the entire face (Not neck) it said online CO2 resurfacings go for about $2000-2500. I know they are more than fractional resurfacings but $3900 shocked me. I live in Wisconsin, not Beverly Hills or Chicago where I would expect upcharge? Does this clinic just have a big 'ego?' This is my first surgeon, quote, and procedure - So anyone's '2 cents' would be great :)!

Full-face CO2 Laser Cost

In my practice we use IV sedation for a full-face laser and an average cost would be $3600.00 with the anesthesia. So your quote seems very reasonable.

Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Co2 Laser Resurfacing

Cost is dependent on how experienced a person is and how aggressive they are.  In our practice the price is variable depending on number of treatment areas and passes.  This seems very reasonable cost, but again experience is what matters to me most as this type of laser can damage someones skin if not done properly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

This is more than I charge in Denver, Colorado. However, if you're being treated by an experienced physician (ideally plastic surgeon or dermatologist) it might be worth the expense. I would investigate a little further and look at before and after photos of people with your skin and read reviews of laser results that this doc has created. Acne scarring can be difficult to treat. If it seems like they do a great job improving acne scarring and helping people with your type of skin concerns, it might be worth moving forward. If not, keep looking. There are plenty of physicians performing laser resurfacing in WI and you could always head to Chicago if you needed to. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prices vary

I would say that depending on the type of laser and the experience of the Dermatologist prices can vary.  If a nurse performs the procedure instead of the physician and with a less expensive laser than you can get a cheaper price I am sure.  That in my opinion is more important than location for variability in cost. 
Make sure that if you do price shopping you realize the type of laser and the experience of the physician and whatever comes with the package can make the price vary.  For instance, some may charge less, but the follow up visits will be charged.  These details are important to know beforehand. 

Chad M. Hivnor, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist