Is Ultrashape safe for someone with a copper IUD?

Is it safe to get ultrasound treatments like Ultrashape for ft reduction in the abdominal area for someone with a copper UID? Thank you!

Ultrashape and copper IUD

Thank you for your question.Yes, Ultrashape would be able to be performed safely for someone with a copper IUD.Just be sure to mention it to your treating physician or technician.Best of luck.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape and copper IUD

Thanks for your question.Yes, it is safe to perform Ultrashape even if you have a copper IUD.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

UltraShape Safety

UltraShape is safe because it uses nonthermal, pulsed, focused ultrasound to selectively destroy fat.  Surrounding tissues, such as nerves, blood vessels, connective tissue, muscle, etc are not injured.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Safety

It is safe.  Since UltraShape is ultrasonic energy (sound waves) and does not penetrate more than 2 cm from the handpiece a copper IUD poses no risk. 

Ultrashape with an IUD

Ultrashape is a perfectly safe procedure for a patient with an IUD. It does not penetrate the skin deeply enough to affect the body where an IUD is placed.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Is the Ultrashape safe with a IUD

Thank you for your question. The Ultrashape will not interfere with your IUD. The Ultrashape only penetrates 1.5 cm below the skin. I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA