Scared about my face after bellafill?

It's 15 days since I got 1 syringe of bellagill I don't like how I look. I noticed a bumps under one of my eyes and it's also puffy. When I smile a little bag is formed under my right eye. The Dr said that I have to wait I'm scared how can I remove it from my under eye.

Bellafill: 2 weeks after injection

With any filler, you can expect lumps. bumps, swelling and bruising that can last a few weeks. This is not so much the filler as the trauma from the injection. If you liked what you saw right after the injections or as the injections were being done, then you will likely have a very good outcome. The other thing to consider is that one syringe of Bellafill is not very much in terms of volume. I have added a video for you that may help.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Scared about my face after bellafill

Thank you for your question.  Swelling in the lower eyelid can last longer then other areas.  Massage the area and continue follow ups with your physcian.  Best wishes

Bellafill is only approved for acne scars and for the nasolabial area.  It is not approved for the delicate area under the eyes. I would definitely consult your treating physician and massage the area in the meanwhile. Bellafill is a permanent filler.  For the delicate skin under the eyes I prefer Restylane or Belotero. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Bellafill around the eyes

I would just wait it out. Massaging the area is a good idea. Final results are months off. If there are lumps, 5FU is a better way to treat than surgery. Save surgical excision for persistent lumps after 5FU. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Swelling after Bellafill

Time to go back to your injector for them to assess and make recommendations.  I have been using Bellafill for close to 10 years and have stopped using it around the eyes and mouth as the tissues are very soft, thin and there is quite a bit of motion which can make Bellafill clump and be more visible on the surface   At this point I would recommend your doing a bit of pressure massage to the area.  Get your best eye cream and grease up the tip of your index finger.  To the areas of swelling apply firm pressure and do just a bit of circular massaging.  Don't overdo it!  What this does is help distribute the microspheres more diffusely an helps reduce any vascular/lymphatic congestion.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon