How long does it take to get results with Thermitight?

Does the skin tighten right away? In order to prepare for social engagements afterwards would like to know when to expect results?

Results time frameThermiTight

Thank you for your Real Self question! Please see video link below for a personalized message from Dr. Edward Dickerson and don't forget to check out the rest of his YouTube Channel for answers to more questions you might have!

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results after ThermiTight

Because this is not a surgical procedure and the tightening of the soft tissue is the result of collagen formation by your body,  I tell my patients to anticipate to begin to see improvement after 6-8 weeks, and not before that time.  Most patients have very nice improvement by 4 months with maximal improvement up to 6-8 months.  Some patients continue to have gradual improvement and tissue tightening up to a year after treatment.  In most patients I see some improvement by 1 month in the photos but it is not dramatic at that point.   It is important however that you make sure with your doctor that you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Not everyone will benefit to the same degree from this technology so your doctor should be able to let you know, in your case, what you can expect.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thermitight results

ThermiTight works by heating the skin and deeper tissues.  This induces your body to create tightening in those areas. Most patients start to see results in 30 days after the procedure but the results will continue over the next several months.  In about 3 months most of the results are seen, but they can continue to improve for about one year after the procedure.    

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results of Thermi Tight

I have had some patients start to notice tightening of their skin one month after ThermiTight. Results continue to improve for even up to 18 months.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

ThermiTight results are not immediate

ThermiTight does not produce immediate results; the benefits occur as a result of collagen stimulation by the radiofrequency energy, and this takes some time. Generally, patients begin to see results around 4 to 6 weeks after, with full results appearing after around 4 to 6 months. Improvement may continue to for up to a year.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How long until results with Thermitight

Thermitight is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed in the office. The results are impressive but take at least three months to be seen. The skin tightening effects and collagen remodeling take time.  Improvement in skin tightening will be seen through 12 to 18 months post procedure. 

Brian P. Tierney, MD

How long till I see results with Thermitight?

It can take up to 6 months to see maximal results with the Thermitight. Many patients will say that they feel that their skin is tighter much earlier than this. If you are planning to see results for your reunion, I would consider doing this at least 7 months prior so you can get the maximal effect.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results timeframe

It takes up to 6 months to see final results with Thermitight. Some patients may see results sooner.  I just saw a 3 month follow-up from ThermiTight to the lower face and neck this morning who already has a great result.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight Response and Results Timeline

Thank you for the question. As with many of the non-surgical treatments, there are tissue changes that take place gradually over time in order to achieve the desired changes. In the case of ThermiTight for the neck and jowls, the initial results are seen in about 6-8 weeks. However, the full correction is generally not apparent until 4-6 months. In cases with more fatty tissue, this may be even a little longer. It is easy to get frustrated or impatient, but the results are definitely coming! It takes time for the collagen and connective tissue to remodel.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin tightening results

In my experience, like many of the devices that use heat to tighten the skin, the results are not immediate. They can take several weeks to a few months.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon