Will Thermi RF work for loose skin on the upper arms?

I am very thin and in shape but I have loose skin on my upper arms. Anything that you think will work to improve the skin tone. I was advised to use Thermi RF and also the dot laser.

ThermiRF for upper arm skin

Yes, ThermiRF can be effective for loose upper arm skin, depending on the degree of skin laxity. I recommend coming in for a consult with cosmetic physician. During an in-person consult you can be evaluated to see if you would be a good candidate and to discuss if Thermi RF or another treatment would be right for you.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight for Loose Arm Skin - An Encouraging Application

Loose skin on the arms is a challenging problem that is not ideally addressed with current therapeutic choices.  Surgical excision will remove the excess skin, but leaves a long scar, often from the elbow to the axilla (armpit).  That isn't often very desirable. Laser, ultrasound and other external methods have not been so reliable either. They heat the skin, but do not address the fibro-septal network enough for high patient satisfaction.

The temperature controlled radio frequency of this technique has been well established in the neck and cheeks over thousands of cases. The mechanism appears to include collagen tightening and cross-linking as well as stimulation of new collagen formation. It is very clear that connective tissue and collagen tightening of the fibro-septal network occurs during a ThermiTight procedure.At higher temperatures fat can be addressed as well. This selectivity is one of the great strengths of ThermiTight. Varying the settings allows treatment of various tissues in the same session.

Initial experience with ThermiTight has been quite encouraging. Most cases show significant tightening.

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

ThermiTight for arms

I have performed ThermiTight procedures to the upper arms and armpit regions for several patients with nice results.  The ThermiTight is an internal treatment.   Another option would be the Thermi250 machine which can be used for external treatments to the upper arms.  Thermi250 requires 3-4 treatments that are about 2 weeks apart vs a single treatment for ThermiTight.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight can make sagging upper arms tighter

Some people don't have much fat in the upper arm (the ones who do, might be candidates for liposuction) and until Thermage, Ultherapy, Pelleve and now ThermiSmooth, were available, there was no way to tighten the skin unless an arm lift were done. Sometimes, the scar from a brachioplasty can be objectionable, but the surgery can make an incredibly big difference for someone who has a lot of flapping skin, far greater tightening than the non-invasive external energy tightening devices mentioned above. 
ThermiTight is a minimally invasive technique, that involves inserting a thermal probe underneath the skin and the heat generated can shrink some fat when that is the goal, and/or tighten the dermis underneath the epidermis. 
In my NYC practice ThermiTight is not always done for the same condition in all patients. I determine in consultation if my patient is a candidate for surgery, non-invasive or minimally invasive techniques for the upper arm.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

I predominantly treat patients with moderate laxity and wrinkles of the neck and face.  Based on my experience with ThermiRF,  it is a great procedure for skin tightening for many areas of the face and body, including arms.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

ThermiTight on the upper arms

ThermiTight works very well in candidates that have loose skin with minimal fat. The device heats the deeper tissues to stimulate collagen production and overall skin tightening. The results take several months to fully develop and it is a very well tolerated procedure with minimal downtime. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiRF for loose skin

Thank you for your Real Self question! Please see video link below for a personalized message from Dr. Edward Dickerson and don't forget to check out the rest of his YouTube Channel for answers to more questions you might have!

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiRF for Upper Arms

Many patients have seen success in treating the upper arms with ThermiRF. ThermiRF is an innovative system that delivers radiofrequency energy to the treatment area. This targeted energy tightens the skin and melts unwanted fat cells. Small fat deposits and loose skin on the upper arms are difficult to treat with diet and exercise, making the arms an ideal treatment area for ThermiRF. It is best to consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience with ThermiRF in order to determine if this treatment is best for you.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Loose skin upper arms

Thermitight R F treatments do help tighten loose skin on the upper arms. If a small amount of fat is also removed with liposuction there may be an even better result. In addition there is a procedure called thermismooth where radiofrequency is applied externally with an applicator electrode as a follow on treatment -for 2 or 3 treatments  helping to achieve  even more tightening over time

Leonard Miller, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight for the arms

ThermiTiight is a nice procedure to tighten lax skin just about anywhere in the body. Arms are a pretty common area that is treated. I think it's important to get advice from someone who can offer you ThermiTight as well as other options like liposuction and/or and arm lift (brachioplasty). The key with choosing a procedure is making sure the procedure fits the problem. If you see a doctor that only offers ThermiTight for your arms, or someone that only offers brachioplasty, you're not likely to get the best advice. When all you have is a hammer, all the world is a nail. I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon that offers all options. That should get you the best advice for you personally. 

I hope this helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD