Uneven breast implants. 5 month post op (Photo)

Hello . I had breast implants done 5 month ago. My doctor cut one breast pocket upper another lower. Breast looked good after boob job but then all sudden they started to look uneven .What are my options is ?Is it possible to fix my breasts and to make them to look even?They are very soft now and they already drop in the pockets. Thank you very much.

Uneven breast

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

Breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape. When we do a breast enlargement, surgeons try to center the implant behind the nipple. Minor position adjustments can be accomplished to account for the normal asymmetry that most women have. If the breasts are different sizes, saline implants can be adjusted to achieve better symmetry.

Please wait until six months post op and then return to your original surgeon. Minor asymmetry is normal. Too vigorous surgical approaches may result in more expense, more scarring, and new complications.

Good luck :)

Candidate for a breast revision

You should only consider a breast revision 6-9 months post op. 

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Breast asymmetry

Your photos show some asymmetry between the two breasts.  It does look like one is a bit low. You might need a pocket revision.

Uneven breast implants. 5 month post op

It appears that your left implant has moved downward and has stretched the pocket.   The term for this is "bottoming out".    I will require a small revision to repair the stretched out portion of the pocket.   

Most healing has been completed by 6 months after surgery.   I would wait at least another month to be sure the right implant doesn't bottom out as well.   At that time discuss it with your plastic surgeon, if you haven't already, to see about a revision surgery.   

Uneven breasts

It appears that your left breast has bottomed out. There are a number of ways that this can be improved. All of these techniques close off the excess lower pocket in one way or another. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. 

5 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

To think about revision we need to wait 6 months. In one more month I recommend you to send your photos again to give you better advices.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You started out in a tough spot

If you look closely, you're breasts are at totally different levels. Your nipples are at different places on the breast. You also had really large implants placed, which are highly variable depending on how they're placed. Your incisions have ridden up onto the breast and your left implant has bottomed out significantly from where it started. When that happens, the nipple rides upwards, opposite the direction of the implant.
Bottoming out can be corrected with surgery to re-secure the implant to a higher position, but boy is that tough when the implant is 500cc.

Uneven breast implants. 5 month post op

Thank you for your question.  It appears that one implant has settled lower than the other side.  This can be easily corrected with revision surgery that addresses the implant capsule and inframammary fold.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that your left breast has bottomed out.  You should be seen in person by your operating surgeon to discuss a revision.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Opening the Pocket

From your photos it looks as if your surgeon placed your incisions in the correct spot. It is just that one implant has settled lower than the other. With that being said, schedule an appointment with your surgeon and he or she will be able to numb the local area, open your incision and open that pocket allowing your implant to fall exactly where it needs to be. 

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you have found this information helpful to you!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon