How long is an average bed rest after breast implants?

im only a receptionist. i literally stay sitting for my whole 6 hour shift. prefer not to take off work if i dont really need to, theres really no one who can fill in either.

Average bed rest?

Thank you for your question!  I like to promote a 24 hour rapid recovery- this means paying careful attention to your surgeon's post operative instructions, and keeping a positive mindset. It's very do-able to get back to your routine within a day or so! Typically my patients have breast augmentation surgery on Thursday or Friday morning and get back to office type jobs on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. Best of luck with your surgery.

Bed Rest Isn't Necessary

I certainly understand your trepidation regarding taking time off work, and it's a common concern among my own patients, too. Today's techniques for breast augmentation are highly refined and require a brief stay at home before returning to work. While we don't advise "bed rest" in the literal sense, it's still important to stay off your feet and allow your body to heal for a few days following surgery. Most patients are back to work within a week of surgery, some even less than that. Because your job is not physically strenuous, you may be able to return to work after 3 or 4 days. During a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, you'll discuss your surgical options at length and learn more about your recovery timeline. Good luck with your decision!

There is no bed rest after breast augmentation!

Most women with a desk job would be fine returning to work after a weekend of recovery from breast implants.  Have the surgery on Friday -- back to work on Monday.  You'll be a little sore, but functional!  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Is Bed Rest Necessary After Breast Augmentation Surgery?

Bed rest is not necessary after breast augmentation surgery.  A week off from work for comfort should be sufficient.  If your job required lifting, job modifications or more time off of work would be necessary.  If  you are off of pain medication in less than a week an earlier return may be possible.

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Activity after Breast Augmentation

I have my patients move right after surgery but have them stay in bed the first night after surgery except for using the bathroom and getting up to eat. They need about 5 to 7 days of work for a desk job and about 4 weeks for more physically demanding jobs.

Good luck!

Zero Days

There is no bed rest after breast augmentation. Usually patients are up and around within hours of surgery if not the next day. I use a lot of numbing medication and nerve blocks when i perform this surgery and most of my patients use only tylenol. you should be able to go back to work monday after a friday case.

Back to regular activities

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Breast augmentation is a short surgery which is typically performed as an outpatient. I prefer the patients take a week off from work. At that point they can return to work or school, but should refrain from all vigorous physical activity. At 1 month, they can resume cardio type exercises. At 2 months they can lift weights. I recommend to consult this with your PS, because he know the best your medical history. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

My protocol for activities after breast augmentation is to get moving as soon as possible and as much as possible. You will recover more rapidly by getting your arms and yourself back to normal activities as soon as possible.

Bed rest after breast implants?

Bed rest is not part of recovery after breast augmentation. Our patients are up and about and usually back to work after just a few days. You might be able to have breast augmentation on a Thursday and be back at work by Monday.

Recovery from implants

I do not have patients stay on bedrest. I want them to walk around after surgery to minimize the risk of developing clots in their legs. As far as exertion, I prefer that they hold off on light aerobics for about 3-4 weeks.