Can this deep plane face and necklift be corrected? Extremely painful and looking disfigured. (photo)

Ears stitched and uneven. Neck looks horrible with excessive and painful banding from jaw to jaw and pulled too tight when try to lift neck while center of neck has loose skin. Unable to spend more than an hour in a prone position as neck becomes too painful . I am done with the PL who thinks this is a good result despite the fact that I cannot function normally

Please click here to see previous question. 

Neck and face lift

Based on these photos I agree that you should have a more satisfactory result after face/neck lift surgery. Part of the problem is your skin which doesn't have much of elasticity; it doesn't conform to underlying bone and soft tissue framework and maintains wrinkles along the tension (pull) lines. You may expect this condition to improve up to 6 months after surgery and  too tight neck to relax. However, you may need some revision by means of skin redistribution, release of earlobes, possibly fat grafting to improve overall result. A second opinion consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation would help. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Facelift question

I am sorry you are having a difficult time.  First, my answer to you is "it depends"  If the surgery was done within the last 6 months, I would wait.  The tightness and irregularities may improve with time.  If not, I would ask your surgeon about SPECIFIC concerns you have.  If he/she does not respond with a plan, then I agree find one who will.  Sometimes, non operative modalities can address contour issues.  Laser, ultherapy, or other appraoches may work.  Ask a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon