Alexandrite laser hair removal on upper lip, chin and neck.

Hello I had my first laser treatment 4 days ago and today I have had to shave as the hairs have grown rapidly since then,keep reading about shedding process but I'm very sceptical about it.thanks for reading

One laser hair removal treatment question

It is way too early to look at results from LHR after one session. This should be thought of in series. No changes are seen in density for at least 3 sessions. Just be patient and continue with the treatments. The Alex laser is a good one.

Hair regrowth after Alexandrite laser?

The areas treated would have been shaved before the Alexandrite laser treatment on the lip, chin and neck, I presume. It is usually not possible for the hair to grow back within 4 days of laser treatment. Only thing I can think of is the dead hair pushing out, that is looking like new hair growth. Sometimes they appear as black stubbles. Usually the dead hair pushing out takes longer than 4 days, however. I would wait for 3-4 weeks more and see what happens. One way to know if the "growing" hair is dead is to grab a hold of one of them and pull off; if the hair comes out easily and PAINLESSLY it is the dead hair.

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Too Early to See Results

It is too early to see results of laser treatment after 4 days. Laser hair removal is a series of treatments. I advise you to be patient and continue your treatments. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hair pushing out 4 days after treatment

The hair usually falls out or sheds about 3-4 weeks after treatment.  Too low of a laser power can stimulate hair but this typically takes longer than 4 days.  Keep watching and if there are questions speak with your laser hair provider

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon