After 4 Laser Hair Treatments, will my hair change color to something lighter?

Title pretty much says it all, I have dark hair and pale skin, and my back hair will be treated. I know around 50% of the hair will be gone? correct? Hair will be thicker? correct? now i would really like if hair would change color into something lighter?, also will hair length change? Thank you so much! best Regards!

4 treatments for Back

Male backs often require multiple treatments to be effective.  With each treatment if the laser fluence is appropriate, patients should expect less hair and thinner appearance of hair.   Make sure your treatment is timed with the appropriate phase of hair growth.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal doesn't change hair color

It won't change hair color. It won't make the hair thicker, actually make it thinner. Back hair requires many treatments, but after 8 or so, expect about 75% improvement.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Will hair color and texture change after laser?

With a series of  treatments with the right laser, especially Alexandrite or Palomar LuxY or a high powered Diode you can expect to have more than 95% reduction in the hair. In men due to male hormones like testosterone, it is not usual to achieve permanent removal. You will still require maintenance sessions from time to time. Short of the right laser and right power, hair might just become thinner and lesser. Hair turning white, if that is what you mean, is extremely rare though it is described in the literature, and I have not seen any such cases after doing more than 30,000 procedures. In some people who have pre-existing grey hair, after the dark hair is removed, it will look as if white hair has become more prominent, as there is no dark hair to blend the same. Length of the newer hair Hair length will not change. Hope that helps!

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Laser hair removal

Hi there, your hair will not significantly change color from laser hair removal. With 8-12 treatments you should experience about 80-90% reduction in the amount of hair. The length of the hair will likely not change either, just the amount of hair will change.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician