What Caused my Red Itchy Bumps/rash on my Legs After my Second Laser Hair Removal Treatment? (photos)

I had my 1st laser hair removal session on my armpits, Brazilian and full legs. My legs have red bumps & very itchy. I've applied ice packs to cool it, alovera, & cortizone cream but nothing works. The only part that was infected were my legs. My dermatologist didn't know what it was, which was weird cuz even I knew that it might be (folliculitis edema). What can I do to prevent this next time? Should I stop the treatment? The itchiness is so NOT worth the suffer. I NEED UR ADVICE DOCTORS

Inflammation of Hair Follicles After Laser Hair Removal

It appears you are having a standard reaction to laser hair removal. Inflammation of the follicles is a normal side effect. It should resolve in the next few days. You can apply a topical steroid cream for the irritation or itching.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Follicular ediema after laser

It looks like follicular edema that should usually last less than 4-6 days. During the time the dead hair is pushing out you might experience some itchy feeling. Its normal. Apply 1% or higher cortisone ointment. Its a desirable sign and with more treatments, these will be less and less in frequency and prominence.

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Red hives after LHR on legs

The easiest solution is topical steroid creams. This will relieve itching most likely as well as the redness. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD