Breast implants and post op size - How many cc's is one cup size?

I'm currently a small A cup with 30 band. I am very petite, and my stats are 4'11 and 90 lbs, my ribcage is 24" and my BWD is 11. I'm going to get 160 cc's, allergan natrelle style 410 MM, textured anatomicals under the muscle. What size would I end up with? I heard that implants under the muscle would loose 25 cc, should I get 185 cc's instead? How many cc's is one cup size?

How many cc's of a breast implant is one cup size?

Generally 150 to 200 cc's will increase your breast one cup size.  However, the larger the chest size and breast size, the more cc's it takes to a make a cup size. Also bra cup sizes are not truly standardized.

To get the best idea of what implant size you would like, have your PS place "sizers," not implants, in a bra. Put on a T-shirt and see what appeals to you the most. Try not to get too excited about the cup size. It's what looks the best to you that counts. Relate to your PS exactly what your expectations are.

How many cc's in a cup size

In general, in a 30-32 band there is usually about 150cc s per cup size. However, where you end up also depends on where you start and how your breast tissue is distributed. When using a 410, it's very important to look more at the dimensions of the breast and implant than the exact cc's.   I would speak with your doctor again, but the difference between a 165 and a 185 is a little more than a tableapoon.  Go with what fits your frame best. 

Melinda Haws, MD

#BreastImplantCupSize difference.

For a larger woman, many feel that approximately 150 cc's equals a cup size difference. Unfortunately it is much more complicated than this. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in a bit.

Implant Sizing

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics. Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant volume and cup size

At size 30 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.160 cc implants would take you up almost 2 cup sizes to a C.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

That is a difficult question to answer without an in person assessment.

That is a difficult question to answer without an in person assessment. Please contact your surgeon to discuss sizing to ensure you receive accurate information.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implants and cup size

Cup size does not always correlate with implant volume as bras are all different.  In general, a 150-200 volume should bump you up a cup or so.

Anatomic shaped implants

The anatomic shaped implants will look larger than a similarly sized round implant.  Fore every 160 cc you should expect to go up about one cup size.  

As pointed out before, bras are made differently today than fifteen years ago. The eventual cup size is always the sum of the breast tissue present plus the CCs of the implant. You will need a minimum of 150 cc to jump to a larger cup. Good luck

Breast Implant and bra size

There is almost no correlation with bra size nowadays. The manufacturers are making the bras cups smaller but marketing the cup size as larger. In a small woman we used to say 200cc would raise you 1 cup size. Christopher Costanzo MD, Thousand Oaks, CA

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon