Did I choose too big implants? 485cc HP silicone implants under muscle 9 days ago. Will they get smaller? (photo)

My height is 5'11, weight about 147 lbs. BWD I don't know. My surgeon was originally meant to put in 450 cc's Natrelle Inspira SRF implants but during surgery he decided to go with a slightly wider implant resulting in 485 cc implants!! Are these too big for my frame? I did want a good increase in breast size but I also told my surgeon that I didn't want an unnatural look. Didn't feel this big wearing those sizers. Do you think this was a bad choice of implants and will they get smaller?

Your breast may continue to change for the next several months.

The difference between 485ccs and 450ccs is very small, just more than 1 ounce, so your results shouldn’t vary much from your planned breast implant size. At about a week after your breast augmentation, your breast implants are likely still sitting high and there's still some post-op swelling. Your mind is also adjusting to your new breasts, which could make them look and feel bigger. As your results develop over the next 6 months, swelling should subside and your breast implants should soften and settle into the pocket, giving you a much better idea of how your final results will look.

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and still have swelling. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Did I choose too big implants? 485cc HP silicone implants under muscle 9 days ago. Will they get smaller?

Thank you for your question.  Your result right now this early looks very good.  As you are tissues expand to accept and adjust to the size of your new implants your result showed look more natural and the breasts should feel softer.  However it can take 3-4 months for this adjustment.  Ask your plastic surgeon if you can start breast implant displacement exercises to help soften the breasts.

Breast implant size

Congratulations on your recent surgery! You are very early post op and your breasts will change and settle quite a bit over the next few months. You have a very good appearance already but ultimately only you can decide whether the implants are larger than you desire or just right. Give it time because as they settle and soften they will start to feel more natural. Also, you are accustomed to seeing yourself with smaller breasts and sometimes it takes awhile to get used to the new appearance. It may take several months for you to adapt to your new size and shape.

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are  early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon