Are the ultra high profile the right implants for me?? 500/550cc. (photos)

My augmentation is in 1 week. My PS decided on 500 on left 550 on right ultra high profile, under muscle, Natrelle silicone. I'm 5'8" 140 lbs. BWD 12.5. 500 UHP is 11.9 in diameter and the 550 is 12.4. I like high projection but I'm scared theyll be far apart because I have a natural gap. I want close cleavage. My breast tissue is slightly streched from pregnancy. Are ultra profile going to look right? Or should we have chosen high profile? I'm just scared of a gap and super fake looking boobs.

500cc implants are too large for your frame

Hi,I'm afraid 500cc breast implants will be too heavy for your frame. Please know that the laws of gravity do not cease to exist on your chest. The weight of 500cc implants will inevitably cause irreversible soft tissue damage, skin stretch deformities, possible chronic pain, bottoming out, malposition, capsular contracture, etc. In order to minimize these, I suggest you wear supportive bras at all times (especially at night if you want to minimize the gap between your breasts). Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Ultra high implant

The best determination of implant size is to use dimensional measurements so that the implant matches your body. Based on the measurements you provided, it appears that the selected implant should accomplish this.3D VECTRA imaging can be helpful if your surgeon offers this, as well as implant sizers that you can try on so you can get an idea of how this size will look on you in the mirror.Ultimately, the decision should be made between you and the surgeon performing your breast augmentation.Good luck with your surgery.

Sam M. Sukkar, MD

Picking the right implant size to achieve your goals

Dear kattgaines:  It looks like you will likely get a great result from breast augmentation and achieve your goals.  I think you would benefit from a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique with silicone gel implants.  In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system.    Dimensional planning: The measurements of your chest wall are taken.
Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current
dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based
on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give
you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However,
there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance,
some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon
can review this with you during the consultation. Gel Implant Sizing system: During the preliminary breast implant
consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety
of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible
outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to
give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are
known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just
right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps. Dr. Basu Houston, TX

Are the ultra high profile the right implants for me?? 500/550cc.

I recommend high profile implants for patients after a mastectomy or those with minimal breast tissue. You appear to have some breast tissue, perhaps a B cup, so a moderate plus (Mentor) or SRM Allergan insipra are good options for a natural result. With regard to cleavage, your measurements should match the basee diameter of the implant. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures and has great reviews and photos.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Cleavage plane

Thanks for your inquiry and good luck with your surgery.  The gap between your breast is anatomically set and your surgeon is accurately explain that to you. If you decided to HP then you would have to put in less cc's and give up projection.  Ask your surgeon to discuss the two choices again  

Implant choice

I recommend that you go back and discuss your implant choice with your plastic surgeon. Explain your goals clearly and bring pictures of your desired appearance if you have them. This is an important decision and giving your surgeon as much information as possible will help you achieve your goals. You should be completely comfortable with the implants chosen prior to surgery. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Ultra high profile is too round IMO

Thanks for your question and the photos. First of all 500/550CC is an enormous implant on your frame. Second, the UHP is very round and is not in any way "natural" looking. If however your goal is to maximize your volume and have the biggest roundest implant, then UHP is the best choice. I will use them in breast cancer reconstruction by not cosmetic augmentation. With regard to the gap, that is determined by the sternal width and where the muscle attaches. These fibers must be left intact medially to prevent symmastia/uniboob. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "super fake looking" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.