Planning on joining the military. Can liposuction help me reach Department of Defense stantards?

I'm a generally big guy and Im wondering if liposuction can help out in dropping my fat content so I "make tape" as it were. I am aware on how it works but I'm struggling to burn that fat away even with a strict diet. I'm about 4% over the max body fat percentage just looking for a little kick to make their standards for entry

Liposuction and Weight loss

Liposuction is not a weight loss tool but I have done hi def liposuction on military applications who lost weight from it and then further lost more post procedure, it also gave them the shape and definition they wanted.  Best, dr. Emer.

Liposuction to reach DOD standards

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You can easily find out - 
  • A 5 L liposuction will remove about 5 pounds of fat.
  • If that is all it takes to meet the standard, liposuction may help BUT -
  • You will swell for months after liposuction and if the standard is based on skin pinch or body weight, the swelling may end up giving you an even worse body fat reading.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Without photos- and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately re/ what you'd benefit from. Liposuction is not a weight loss operation, however it can remove fat from unwanted areas. Best to seek in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Liposuction can help you pass taping

I have had this discussion with several people in your position. Liposuction is not designed to be a weight loss procedure or a means to get your total body fat reduced. Once you have given diet and exercise a full effort, liposuction can be used to reduce or debulk the area where the taping is performed. Good luck. 
Dr. Marcus Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Along with diet + exercise & liposuction in office operation of 4 liters of fat could help. Seek in person opinions from boarded PSs in FL.

Excess fat

I would not have a clue on what you need for the military to get to their standards but liposuction can remove fat from trouble areas but whether it will tip the scales so you pass your military is unknown.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon