Can you get Ultherapy if you may be pregnant?

I'm supposed to be a model for a training on ultherapy on loose skin on abdomin. I am not as far as I know nor trying but just wanted to know would this be dangerousl if I was pregnant? There really isn't a way for me to find out if I am bc Intjinknot would be tow early to detect. Inthinknim justs being paranoid.. If I was pregnant I would be less then a week pregnant.. Would/could this be harmful for baby??

Ultherapy has not been evaluated for pregnant or breastfeeding women.  I would recommend waiting until you have confirmed that you are not pregnant before undergoing a treatment. 

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy and pregnancy

I can see why you might be concerned.Having a treatment like Ultherapy is not advisable while pregnant.The procedure does produce some discomfort and pain medications are often given to help with this and that is generally not something recommended to take while pregnant.You can double check with your OB/GYN just to be safe, but I would not recommend it.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and pregnancy

Thanks for your inquiry.I would not advice Ultherapy on the abdomen if you are pregnant.You can double check with your OB/GYN to be sure, but it is not something I would recommend.You should also keep in mind that the procedure causes discomfort and usually we have to give medication for the patient to tolerate it and this would be not advisable while you are pregnant.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy, and safety.

This is a device that heats the layers beneath your skin using harmless ultrasound. This is the same type of 'energy' that is delivered to scan you during pregnancy, so the answer is NO, no harm at all in retrospect. 

Having said that, I make it a point to avoid all cosmetic procedures during pregnancy. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Fiori Institute of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Pregnancy and Ultherapy

Ultherapy is ultrasound and would have no way to hurt an unborn child.  However,if you are pregnant there is no reason to have cosmetic procedures. I'd wait till after you deliver.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy in pregnancy

Clearly you should not have ultherapy done based on your concerns and paranoia. You obviously believe you could be pregnant at the time of the demonstration which would require you to sign a consent pre-treatment asking if you could be pregnant and you will answer in the affirmative which would exclude you as a proper candidate.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

It isn't recommended to get Ultherapy while pregnant

While ultrasound is routinely used during pregnancy to evaluate the status of the pregnancy, Ultherapy hasn't been tested yet to see if it is safe during pregnancy.  For this reason, I would wait until after the pregnancy to have it done.  That is the safest and wisest process.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy and pregnancy...

Thank you for your question.  There are no studies showing safety of Ultherapy in pregnant patients.  If there is any chance that you may be pregnant you should pass and not have the procedure performed, it is not worth the potential risk of affecting the child.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy for Abdomen While Pregnant

Hi and thanks for your question.  You don't want to do anything that could potentially hurt the baby, so I would not have the procedure.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon