Can cellfina treat the kind of cellulite that becomes visible while moving?

I am a healthy woman in my early 30's. In the last few years I have developed mild thigh and butt cellulite that is mostly noticeable when I am clenching muscles or moving (think running or jumping). I do not have deep divots but diffuse/spread out mild cellulite. Will cellfina help this problem? Thank you

Cellfina

Cellfina is most effective in treating the round dimples associated with cellulite, particularly on the buttocks and side/ posterior thighs. These dimples can be worsened by activity and muscle contraction. Obtain an evaluation by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area who has Cellfina.

Does cellfina work in areas with movement

HOW DOES IT WORK? Cellfina™ targets the primary structural cause of cellulite - the connective bands woven throughout fat in the thighs and buttocks. These bands pull down the skin, creating the puckering you see on the surface of the skin. Cellfina™is a small needle-sized device which treats the bands just below the skin’s surface. Similar to a rubber band under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out.We recommend combined treatment with other modalities that shrink and tighten skin for you to get the best result

Ce

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Cellfina for cellulite while moving...

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina is indicated for dimple cellulite of the buttocks and thighs.  It is unlikely to have any effect on rippling or wavy cellulite and you may consider another treatment such as Ulthera for this type of cellulite.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina indicated for dimple like cellulite

Cellfina is best indicated for static, dimple like cellulite areas.  They may worsen with contraction of the buttocks muscle or with movement.  However, mild rippling cellulite with movement is unlikely to be the ideal type of cellulite to treat with Cellfina.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina Provides Improvement In Cellulite That Lasts

Hello Nadia and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. Cellfina works extremely well for cellulite of the buttocks and posterior and lateral thighs made more visible with movements such as clinching, exercise, and crossing your legs. Prior to performing the procedure, I mark the dimpled areas for treatment.  I then have my patients clench their buttocks which typically produce additional areas of dimpling and I mark these areas for treatment.  I then ask my patients to look at themselves in a full length mirror to show me any areas of cellulite present only with certain movements, such as twisting or crossing their legs, and I mark these areas for treatment.

Cellfina targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. It is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

You can click on the attached link to see the results one of our patients, with a similar height and weight, whose main concern was cellulite more visible with movement and clinching.

Best Regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina has not been studied for treating cellulite seen only with motion

Cellfina involves the isolation of focal areas, at rest, of cellulite dimples in the back of the thighs and buttocks. One would have to see if there were a way to identify those areas that dimple with motion and then treat those areas at rest which are not normally indented. It would be doubtful that Cellfina would create a negative result such as indentations at rest after being utilized to treat dimples present with motion but as it hasn't been tested, no one can say this would be an ideal treatment and in fact, would be an off label procedure ( a procedure that the FDA has not studied for effectiveness and safety). Possibly, non invasive treatments involving deep lymphatic massage may be helpful, such as Velashape or Velasmooth, but they would be needed indefinitely as maintenance treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella - treating all dimples

Kybella releases the fibers that hold the overlying skin down, creating the cellulite dimples.  If you are able to demonstrate where the fibers are, we can target them during your treatment. These areas will be improved when you walk ... or jump.  Diffuse cellulite with the generalized waviness does not respond to Cellfina as well as the deeper dimples.

Grant Stevens, MD

Yes! It treats even those dimples.

The Cellfina procedure is a minimally invasive one that numbs the area around the dimple on your buttocks or thighs, and then treats the connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. The Cellfina cellulite procedure works by precisely treating these tethered bands, causing them to fully release. Similar to a rubberband under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out in as little as three days.

Weight gain or weight loss should not affect the outcomes and the results have been seen for over 2 years (if not more). It is truly a really exciting new technology that most women can benefit from.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD