I would like to know the difference between Cellfina and Cellulaze treatment. I'm very confused on which one works the best

Cellfina versus Cellulaze

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure performed under local anesthesia which effectively treats cellulite. It is accompanied by a quick and painless recovery. Results 2-3 years after treatment are very good and accompanied by high rate of patient satisfaction. It appears to be a better treatment versus Cellulaze in terms of ease of treatment, recovery, results and patient satisfaction.

About Treating Cellulite with Cellfina

Cellulite affects up to 85% of adult women and can be extremely difficult to #correct. Many treatments are ineffective or take multiple sessions to complete with very temporary results. If you are deemed a candidate, you may benefit from #Cellfina. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina vs Cellulaze

This is a great question. Cellfina is the newest FDA cleared treatment for cellulite. It specifically is used to treat the dimples on the buttocks and thighs by simply sharply releasing the cords that are creating the dimples. The result is seen almost immediately.  Aside from bruising, the recovery period is uncomplicated.  I ask that you minimize your workouts for a couple of weeks and to gradually increase your activity after that.  

Cellulaze is a laser that is passed under the skin which melts fat and heats the skin. This process is far more invasive with significant recovery and results are delayed for up to 6 or more months.  Heating the skin tightens the skin. Heating and lasering the skin in this way also increases the risk of burns which can cause permanent scarring, but this can be and has been a good treatment for people who need more than just dimples released.  

For a less invasive way of treating the both the dimples and tightening the skin which many people need, Cellfina can be combined with Ultherapy to tighten sagging or loose skin and Sculptra can also be used to improve contour and volume.  

The main difference between the two treatments is that Cellfina works and leaves 96% of patients satisfied after 2 years! There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your good question.

Cellfina vs Cellulaze -- What's the Difference?

In my opinion, Cellfina is the best treatment available for cellulite. Cellulaze is a less effective treatment that uses laser energy but does not allow for safely releasing the tethering septae that cause cellulite as well as Cellfina, and therefore is is less effective.

Read the RealSelf "worth it" ratings and comments for these treatments. I checked today and they stood at:

• Cellfina - 85% Worth It
  • Cellulaze - 54% Worth It

Cellfina is a simple, minimally-invasive treatment that allows me to release the tethering that causes cellulite. It is a long-term, single treatment. Effectiveness varies based on a person's tissues -- if there is loose skin or very extensive dimples, it will be less effective.

Hope this helps,

Nick Slenkovich MD, FACS

Cellfina vs Cellulaze

Cellfina is a precise technology that addresses the actual cause of cellulite.  I have used Cellulaze.  I like it for very large areas with small dimpling.  The larger dimples will require "cutting the parachute strings" which cause pulling on the skin.  Cellulaze has three modes (burst, melt, tighten).  The theory is as follows: The burst mode is supposed to break the bands (parachute strings), the melt mode is supposed to melt the fat and the tighten mode is supposed to tighten the skin.  I think with small dimpling and large areas you can achieve a moderate result.

With Cellfina the technology directly addresses the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin, causing puckering or dimpling. The Cellfina device numbs the skin and cuts these bands. 

What to expect:

• minimal discomfort
  • mild tenderness.
  • Compression garments for a month (at night is fine after 2 weeks)
  • Limit  exercise exercise to upper extremity strenuous. 

Dr. Dillon

Both work on Cellulite

I have gotten nice results with both procedures.  I use Cellfina for straight "pucker" release and Cellulaze when fat removal and skin tightening are needed.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Cellfina vs. Cellulaze

Cellfina is considerably more efficient than Cellulaze as the healthcare provider is able to identify each individual cellulite dimple that you find bothersome. The procedure can be performed in under an hour, earning the “lunch time procedure” label, and requires little to no recovery time. Unlike the precise work of Celfina, Cellulaze treats general areas and is not recommended for spot treatments. After Cellulaze, you will experience considerably more swelling, bruising and face an extended recovery period. Visit our CellfinaWorks website to learn more about the procedure at our practice.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina Offers Unique Benefits

Both Cellfina and Cellulaze are cleared by the FDA to reduce cellulite. That is essentially where the similarities end. In order to understand the differences in the 2 procedures, it's important to understand what causes cellulite. The dimpled skin that shows up mainly in the buttocks and thighs is caused by fibrous bands attached to the skin, pulling it down. Fat pushes through gaps between the bands, resulting in cellulite. Cellfina releases these attachments with tiny blades in a procedure that is minimally invasive and produces results within a few days. Cellulaze is a more invasive treatment that uses laser energy to sever the bands. Results take longer to appear, and the laser does pose more risk of complications than Cellfina. Additionally, Cellulaze is much more expensive in general than Cellfina. I hope this answer is helpful.

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute