My front tooth is shaking as a result of car accident. What can I do to restore it?

Doctor Answers 2

Traumatic Dental Injury

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Traumatic dental injuries often occur in accidents or sports-related injuries. Treatment depends on the type, location and severity of each injury. Any dental injury, even if apparently mild, requires examination by a dentist immediately. Sometimes, neighboring teeth suffer an additional, unnoticed injury that will only be detected by a thorough dental exam. Oral surgeons usually are involved in treating fractures in the supporting bone or in replanting teeth that have been displaced or knocked out.

Red Bank Dentist

Injured tooth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The key to know what to do with an injured tooth is to assess the damages involved--this is best done with an examination and x rays from a qualified dentist. There may still be a need for healing time and then reassess as well. The damage can be to any part of the tooth or surrounding supportive bone and soft tissue. See a dentist soon to know what your injuries consist of and what options or concerns lay ahead--Good Luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.