Is the burning and stretching sensation just the muscle stretching and getting used to my implant?

I got 375cc unders on Thursday the 7th and im experiencing a strong burning sensation on my left breast next to my incision towards my sternum. No blood, incisions look good, looks normal just very uncomfortable and really just a strange feeling. It literally feels like its on fire but its not warm to the touch. Keeps waking me up when im sleeping and the only relief is when im sitting up. Just a stretching muscle?

Burning after Breast Augmentation

Burning after breast augmentation is common and caused by the sensory nerves.  This typically abates over months and well as the tightness and pain from the stretching with movement that you are experiencing.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

More than likely, you are experiencing some discomfort from stretching the nerves. Cold compresses may help. This usually subsides over time.I would suggest letting your surgeon check you to make sure everything is healing properly.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Often, burning sensation is due to the nerves being stretched/regenerating. Best to give your body adequate time to heal since you are still very early in your healing phase. If you are still worried, best to call your operating surgeon so you can be properly evaluated in person. 

Burning sensation after breast implants

The most likely cause of paresthesias(burning, itching, pins and needles) in the first weeks after breast implant surgery is the stretching or tension on the chest nerves.  The nerves which supply sensation to the nipple come from the side of the breast and pass just above the outside edge of the implant.  As the nerve gets used to the tension and the capsule forms the strange sensations fade away.  In your particular case if you are concerned about an infection or other cause you shuld contact your surgeon.

Samuel Beran, MD

Burning sensation after augmentation

Yes it is normal to have these sensations after augmentation surgery. Be sure to see your surgeon on a regular basis and make sure everything is OK.Best wishes,Dr K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

A burning sensation can be a good sign after breast augmentation.

Although it can be uncomfortable and disconcerting, a burning or tingling sensation after breast augmentation can be an indication that your sensory nerves weren’t cut or damaged during the procedure. Your nerves were probably stretched and are now regenerating and sending intermittent electric shocks to reconnect with tissue, which causes the burning sensation. The burning should go away in 2 to 6 months as your body heals and adjust to the breast implants. If it fits with your plastic surgeon's post-op directions, you may want to try gently massaging your breasts in a circular motion to distract from the burning and help the nerves heal sooner.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Post op breast augmentation

it is difficult to say exactly what this pain is related to without an examination. You should consult your surgeon to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Susan Kaweski, MD