Will 5 to 10 kg weight loss have a significant effect on breast augmentation results? (photos)

One last question before my PS appt in 2 weeks. I know you are supposed to be at your leanest when getting breast implants but I was hoping to get mine done before a holiday early next year. Hence if I was to get them done and then continued to lose 5 or so kg would this be ok?

Effect of weight loss on breast augmentation

Dear Blubella,

As one looses weight,  will have loss from all body part. But proportion of weight loss is different at differant location.. peregnancy and weight loss  may have significant loss from breast,  it reduces in size and may  develop ptosis.

hope this will help you to take decision

India Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Weight loss effect on breast augmentation results

Pregnancy and weight change are the two factors that can change your post-operative surgical results as well as your preoperative starting breast volume and measurements. A 10% body weight change is my general rule. So, if you were 50Kg to start, then 5Kg could affect your outcome. Hope this helps and good luck to you. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss/Breast Augmentation

Each person's breast tissue is unique to them- some have a higher ratio of fat to glandular tissue and when they lose a little weight it can change breast size significantly. I'd recommend not more than 5-10 pounds of weight loss or gain because you could have unpredictable results.

All the best

Weight change and breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The answer to it actually varies from patient to patient. Some patients can have significant changes in their weight and have no effect on their breast size. While others the breast may be the first place that weight change is noticed.   Only you would know the answer to this.  If you are the former with no change in breast size with weight then I would say it would make no difference when you have the surgery.  If you are  the latter then I would recommend being evaluated when you are at your ideal weight.  

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Will 5 to 10 kg weight loss have a significant effect on breast augmentation results?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. As you can imagine, it's hard to predict exactly how breasts will change with 5 to 10 kg weight loss (will vary from one person to another); therefore, best to focus on a healthy diet/exercise lifestyle and do your best to be as close as possible to your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Weight loss or gain after surgery

In general, you should be at or near the weight you intend to maintain when you have breast augmentation surgery but life often gets in the way of being able to perfectly maintain that goal.  Based on your photos, you appear to have gained some volume in your breast as would be expected with your post pregnancy weight gain ( the breast can be as much as 80% adipose depending on the individual).   My recommendation would be to visit with your surgeon and carefully go over your goals and concerns.  Many factors should be evaluated including your breast volume, breast density and your skin elasticity.