Currently a 34B. What size is better for natural 'lean' looking breasts: 285, 305 or less mod profile? (photo)

Getting my BA in 5 days and still uncertain with size. I'm trying to decide between 285 or 305. I am currently a 34 B and while I want bigger breasts I want them to look very LEAN. I am going under the muscle. I would even consider 250. My ps does not use Disposible sizes and I'm nervous we are going too big with the 305. I want to feel like I got a BA but don't want to look too large in a bikini.

Implant Size Choices

Thank you for your question and photos. First, the difference of 20cc would be almost impossible to see- it is very slight. Second, often patients feel that their implants appear smaller once settled and healed so, especially placed under the muscles, I'd recommend to my patient to anticipate that slightly smaller result. My patients also find it helpful to try on implant sizers with a form fitting T-Shirt in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look. Ask your Plastic Surgeon to help you with this.

All the best

Breast Augmentation

As with any Plastic Surgical procedure, it is best to be evaluated by your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Douglas M. Monasebian, MD

Implant volume

You need to be seen in person to determine what volume is best for you. Best to be evaluated in person.

Currently a 34B. What size is better for natural 'lean' looking breasts: 285, 305 or less mod profile?

Thank you for your question.  U have excellent breast anatomy and should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast implants.  In my experience when you are concerned that you will be to big it is better that she choose the smaller of 2 sizes.  Try the Rice test at home which is described in the link below on breast implant sizing:

Size

There is only a minimal difference between 285 and 305.  Without seeing you in person and performing measurements, I would recommend the larger size.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Best Implant Size

Thank you for your question. Your surgeon needs to base the implant size on your breast dimensions and your desired size. In your case, There is very little difference in size between the implants you are considering and you will not be able to see a change in breast size  if the implants are placed in the submuscular position. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Kenneth A. Godwin, DO
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Base diameter

more important to match the size of the implant with YOUR base diameter and then also to pick the correct style/shape of implant for your desired look. YOU will not notice a difference between 250 and 305 post-op, need to change sizes 100-150cc to see a significant difference, especially if placed under the muscle. 

No significant difference 285 VS 305

Right now you are focusing on a very small difference in size which will not matter. The more important issue is what is the base width and profile of the implant chosen. This does make a difference. There will be no difference in you cup size with the 2 implants you are looking at. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

There is truly not much of a difference in appearance between two implants that are 20 cc's apart. Choose the bigger implant. 

DrBurnett#realself100