How long roughly does it take to see results after smart lipo on the chin? (photo)

Did not have aspiration on the area as the surgeon didn't recommended it as the body will naturally get rid of it, just wanted to know roughly when I can expect to see some results. only had procedure 3 days ago.Thanks

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon because they are most familiar with you anatomy and procedure. You are still quite early in your recovery and swelling is still present. Swelling occurs in all patients after smartlipo and can take up to 3-4 months to fully resolve. Not every patient heals at the same rate, some heal quicker and some heal slower than others but it is important to remember that you will probably look bigger before you look smaller and that is simply due to swelling. Its also beneficial to follow a high protein and low sodium diet. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Chin smartlipo.

The chin usually heals very quickly and results should be seen in a few weeks,  We suction away the melted fat after smartlipo.  If the melted fat is left, your recovery and results will take longer to see.  Massage and compression also help.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

It can take over 2 months to see changes

you may see changes sooner, but allow at least 2 months for your neck/chin area to improve. you will continue to improve for 6 months. 

I think almost all plastic surgeons, aspirate the area, (ie liposuction) after melting the fat with a laser. i wonder if you went to a PS???

be patient. you should get a nice improvement.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo chin/jowl area

Smartlipo is a minimally invasive procedure, with very short downtime. The procedure takes a couple hours and you have amazing results! The Smartlipo uses a laser to go underneath the skin melt the fat, tighten the skin, and suction the fat out. Smartlipo kills and destroys 60-70 % of the fat cells in that area. Your best results in any area will be in 90 days (3 months). THe chin/jowl area have amazing results and respond very well! I hope this helps you on your journey! :)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Smart lipo on chin

If your surgeon is relying on the laser energy alone to "melt" the fat and have it absorbed, it may take up to 12 weeks to see results.  This however is an unusual technique as aspiration is usually performed with Smart Lipo.  Using aspiration, some result is immediate with final results occurring around 6 months.

Results after SmartLipo of the Chin

The SmartLipo laser does destroy treated fat cells by heating. However, three days is not long enough to judge the outcome, especially since the swelling that occurs naturally after surgery will temporarily mask the result. While good results may be seen as early as four to six weeks, the final results takes three to four months. An important distinction with your case is that I always suction fat to allow contouring of the neck at the time of surgery. In my experience, this is a more reliable way to get the results you want because fat is physically removed and does not rely exclusively on the laser by itself. 

Christopher T. Chia, MD

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have had aspiration, you should have.  Laser alone is not enough. With VASER/ThermiRF you see immediate results.  Please see an expert for a revision.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Smart lipo results

Thank you for your question. It usually takes about to see the results from lipo and can take unto 6 months sometimes depending on the area and quality of the skin.

Smartlipo recovery

Thanks for your question. Smartlipo of the neck/chin is a great procedure. But, I make sure my patients understand clearly that they should not judge the outcomes for a minimum of 3 months. Skin tightening can even occur up to 9 months after the procedure. It just takes time and patience. Hang in there, and follow your surgeon's recommendations. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon