Where can I drain seroma?

I have done a liposuction 30 days ago in Brasil, but I had a problem that I had to com Back before my full recovery now I'm afraid that I'm having some seroma , will some doctors here see me?what if I have to drain? What should I do it?

Where can I drain seroma?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. you have to go to your plastic surgeon to get drained every two days to get rid of it.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Surgery in Brazil - now has a complication

Thank you for asking about your cosmetic surgery.You should be seen by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you. Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and finds ones near you. Send them a message explaining the situation and ask if they will see you. If a surgeon agrees to see you, s/he will explain what treatment you need and (if it is a seroma), should be able to treat you in the office. Such care will not be free - so ask in advance the charges for being seen. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- SEROMA?

I suggest sending pictures to your surgeon and finding out who he trusts in your area to see you. Seromas need to be treated immediately.  Lymphatic massage and RF treatments like venus legacy will help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

If you need to be evaluated, then you can go see a local surgeon ( they will likely charge a fee) or go to an emergency room. Draining a seroma will likely cost more.  Good luck.

Seroma after Liposuction

I am sorry to hear about your problem but without a consultation, I can not give you sound medical advice.
My office in West Orange, NJ.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Seromas are the most common minor complication after a LIPOSUCTION. You should visit your primary physician for a evaluation.  A referral to a PS should be done if you need to drain the seroma.  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Had Liposuction One Month Ago in Brazil. I Now Have A Seroma. Where Can I Get This Drained?

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you had from liposuction.  As I am sure you know, a seroma is a very unusual complication of classical liposuction. 

My best suggestion to you is to see your primary care physician and ask for a referral to a general surgeon or possibly a plastic surgeon.  The big problem with seromas is not the original drainage, but many of these seromas recur over and over again leading to the necessity of an in dwelling catherer and/or the use of a sclerosing agent. 

I don't want to add insult to injury but, of course, if you had this surgery done in your hometown of Newark, all complications would have been managed.  I am not a big fan of "surgical vacations" out of the country for just this reason.