Can you transfer eyebrow hair from one eyebrow to another with the FUE hair transplant method?

So my eyebrows are different shapes. I'd like even them up because one eyebrow has many stray hairs and the other doesn't have hair in the right places. Is FUE possible for this because i do not want scalp hair transplanted to my eyebrows?

Eyebrow Transplant

Taking hair from one eyebrow and placing it in another is not something I would perform or recommend.  Why is it that you do not want scalp hair transplanted into your eyebrows?  The graft survival rate of eyebrow hair is really unknown.  It is most likely less than the scalp.  Its possible you will be left with small marks in the eyebrow where the hair is extracted from which wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing.  I just really don't see a reason for this when you can easily extract the follicles from the back of the scalp and place them into the eyebrows with great survival rates and excellent results.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Yes

Yes.  You can harvest from one eyebrow and transplant to another eyebrow. However, any type harvesting (FUE, Neograft,ARTAS) will all leave a scar you will see. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transferring Eyebrow Hair Using FUE

The success of transferring different types of (non head hair) grafts will largely depend on being able to remove them safely. It will be important to use specialized extraction tools to accommodate the sharp growth angles of eyebrow hair. A preliminary test procedure can be used to help determine if the outcome of an eyebrow hair transfer would be viable for specific cases.

Also keep in mind that punches that are normally used to remove hair that emerges close to 90 degrees would likely damage other types of grafts.

Alternatively, if you are concerned about filling in sparse or empty areas of the brows, it is possible to use leg or nape hair to create a more even looking appearance. My clinic has successfully performed these types of procedures, helping actual patients achieve the results they wanted and long term satisfaction.

Again, what matters is the use of specialized FUE instruments as well as the skill and experience of the service provider. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow FUE

Yes!! it is definitely possible to take grafts from one eyebrow and implant in the other. At the same time the uptake eyebrow hair is not very sure, so it is recommended that scalp hair should be used; at the same time the hair can be removed by FUE.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow FUE - can one brow be the donor?

Theoretically, it is possible to take hairs from one brow and transfer to another.  

Practically it could be challenging, depending on the number of grafts needed. You'd want to sit down with your surgeon and have a really thorough discussion, keeping in mind

1. survival of FUE eyebrow hairs could be as low as 60 %

2 The full eyebrow only has 300 or so hairs to begin with

3. The micronscars created in the donor eyebrow could potentially affect eyebrow hairs in the fuller brow. (FUE is not a scarless procedure)

4 A post op telogen effluvium or shedding of some hairs in the fuller brow could occur

All in all, other options might best be explored first but get many opinions