How does SureSculpt compare to CoolSculpting? Can either technique be used to treat the buttocks?

SculpSure has several advantages

In my practice I find SculpSure has several advantages over CoolSculpting. SculpSure is quicker, more comfortable and more predictable. For a similar investment you are far more likely to be pleased with your SculpSure experience compared to CoolSculpting. Neither works well for the actual buttocks. Quite frankly there are no good noninvasive procedures for buttock sculpting or shaping. See your board certified plastic surgeon for a more complete discussion of body contouring options. Dr C

Both can work

Coolsculpting requires the the tissue be sucked into the machine for freezing.
Sculpsure applicators are applied directly to the skin and help melt the fat by contact.
Buttocks are tricky as one needs to judge any possible skin sagging after the treatment as the buttocks are more prone to laxity.

Buttocks vs Outer Thigh

Many women want the perfect "butt" ...but the challenge is to define what the expectations really are. The key is not to affect the natural curve of the buttocks while still achieving definition. I would not try to "de-fat" the curve itself. This often leads to irregular results that are seen with liposuction. Instead, we typically use SculpSure to upper thigh and saddle-bag areas (along with some PelleFirm skin tightening) to achieve that buttock contour that most women really want.

Sculpsure vs cool sculpting

Sculpsure is based upon  heat, cool sculpting is based upon cold.  Each method destroys fat cells in the superficial tissue layers.  Sculpsure can eliminate up to 24% of subcutaneouos fat in one treatment, and cool sculpting is about the same - maybe not quite as much, 20-22%.  Sculpsure has very little discomfort (level 1-3 out of 10 on a pain scale) and cool sculpting has much more discomfort (7-9 out of 10 pain-wise on average in my experience).  Sculpsure results in a very even fat loss distribution because  the fat-destroying heat radiates out to yield a smooth fat loss result.  Cool sculpting can result in a cookie-bite fat loss deformity because freezing fat cells is more local and there is very little effect on surrounding fat.  Sculpsure takes about 30 minutes, cool sculpting 60-90 minutes.  Hope this helps - good luck!

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Thermi

Sculpsure is a noninvasive laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. Coolsculpting freezes the fat while sculpsure heats it.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. I do not recommend it on the buttocks.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Versatility is the Key

SculpSure has the advantage of not requiring fat to be sucked into a vacuum to improve a particular area. Coolsculpting and SculpSure have equivalent efficacy of reducing 24% of fat in a given area. However, SculpSure has the advantage of not needing to distort the tissue to be effective.  Therefore, I have found SculpSure to be much more versatile to tailoring the fat reduction by placing the applicators in a patient specific configuration. 

Both excellent machines.

OK- they each have the pros and cons. First of all SculpSure is FDA approved for flanks and abdominal fat only, however many Specialist are using this as an off label application. Treatment time is 25 minutes, and the pain post treatment is ZERO. It works well.

My practice also has Coolsculpting. It works well, and results are consistently 'good to excellent' with one provision- if the applicator fits, it works. The downside, each treatment cycle takes 60 plus minutes, and the pain after the treatment may last days to weeks. 

The best option really comes down to an assessment, and if both devices suit you, its your downtime. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Fiori Institute
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

SculpSure vs CoolSculpting

I have both technologies and I believe SculpSure will totally replace CoolSculpting in the very near future.  They both remove about 20-25% of the fat, but SculpSure has many advantages:

1. Quicker, only 24 minutes vs an hour
  2. Multiple areas can be treated at once
  3. Can be applied any where on the body, CoolSculpting needs loose skin to be "sucked" into the applicator
  4. The actual treatment is less painful
  5. Post treatment is less painful
  6. The cost is the same
  7. No hypertrophic response has been reported like with CoolSculpting
  8. There is feathering around the applicators rather than a sharp cut off
  9. It's a LASER!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon