Do you recommend VitaMedica Recovery Support Program to your lipo/bbl patients? (photo)

Great experience with VitaMedica for surgical patients for more than 10 years!

About twelve years ago, I had a very bright patient who after internet research began loading up on a blend of ephedrine like products and health food store supplements to improve his healing. These products created cardiac irritability and heart rhythm irregularity during his surgery which had to be cut short and he spent two days in ICU for study. The conclusion was that the over the counter supplements reacted with the anesthetic agents and cause his heart to beat with irregularity. He was told not to take any supplements before his surgery.

This is the issue: Many patients will continue to take some supplements for surgery because someone they trust told them that is was helpful. VitaMedica products were created by an anesthesiologist, so I provide them to my surgical patients as an alternative for those who are in the habit of taking a daily supplement. The anti-bruising formulations do help - I have good evidence behind them - and the vitamins are simply vitamins that are adjusted for anesthesia and recovery.

They are not necessary by any means, but I believe they are beneficial. I do not have any interest in the company whatsoever and our large aesthetic surgery group has used it on roughly 20,000 patients with no problems. Patients seem to like them and often request more after surgery. I like them because it allows my supplement needy patients to have a safe alternative and I believe that my patients like them. We charge the patients extra for them, but rarely do patients decide that the minimal cost is not worth it. Good luck. 

Do you recommend VitaMedica Recovery Support Program to your lipo/bbl patients?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Vitamedica

I use the Vitamedica support program for all of my surgery patients.  When I first started the program, I noticed a dramatic reduction indwelling and bruising.  The patients love the way the vitamins make them feel and often buy the daily products directly from Vitamedica after surgery.

If you want to take any before or after surgery you should ask your physician he/she would guide you best. 

I would not recommend this.

I don't think that there is any scientific evidence that this would help you in your recovery. If you would like to take this I don't think that there would be any harm however.
There are many products for sale that may or may not be helpful. This will certainly be helpful to the sellers of the product however.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon