Should I get PRP injections 4 weeks PO?

I got a BBL on September 29 and so far am very happy with my results. This was my 2nd round. The woman who owns the spa that does my post-op massages recommended PRP injections to help keep fat alive. HOWEVER, as far as I know at this stage the fat has already developed a blood supply and is done dying. I know there is really not much research to suggest PRP is worth the time and money it takes, but you guys have gone through med school and know more than her or I. What are your thoughts?

Should I get PRP injections 4 weeks PO?

I think that you are likely correct about the lack of benefits of PRP at this point.

PRP Injections After BBL

You are correct about the transferred fat cells having developed a blood supply one month status post transfer. There is not data to suggest that PRP will have any effect at this point on improving survival of your fat cells.  And, of course, every time you introduce a needle to a healing surgical site, you do introduce the slight possibility of infection.  So, I would say that on balance you have little to gain, and possibly something to lose from PRP injections of your buttocks at this point.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

PRP

THere is no evidence that PRP helps with survival of fat cells. Nor do I think that anything done at this point other than limiting sitting for too long on your buttocks will enhance take.