Nova Threads?

What's the difference between Nova Threads and other threads? I'm thinking could be good if it lasts a year + for those who only need a minor skin lift. Seems it can be done on parts of the body as well as face.

NovaThrad lift for mild skin sagging

Thank you for your question. NovaThreads are made out of a dissolvable material called PDO,  it's the same material used  by surgeons who perform internal surgeries. They are totally safe and effective. What's special about NovaThreads is that they are made slightly thicker and also have tiny "barbs" or "hooks" to lift the skin. Over the course of 3-6 months as the thread is being dissolved it in turn causes collagen stimulation and lifting.

The results typically last 6-12 months depending on the area being treated and individual results vary. NovaThreads can definitely be performed on the face and body to lift and smooth out the skin which makes them so much attractive.

Please find a well trained expert in your area and good luck. Best, Dr. Avaliani

New York Physician

Last contacted 7 hours ago

Nova Threads?

As a certified NOVA Thread and Silhouette InstaLift physician and boarded Plastic Surgeon, I am using both these wonderful technologies more and more frequently in my practice. Initially the Silhouette InstaLift/Lift options seemed to have real substance and offered results on the correctly chosen candidates. But in side by side comparisons that I have done, in 6 patients, the NOVA LIFTs (threads) are equal or better in obtaining results. Plus the ease of insertion vs the InstraLift sutures for the non Plastic Surgeons is impressive. With also the multiple areas of use not only facially, but in the neck, chest, arms, buttock, breasts, thighs, abdomen, etc. allows the NOVA LIFTS to have a step up on the Silhouette sutures.. I believe there are uses for both these new technologies of an old concept (minimal surgeries to lift and stimulate). I recommend only licensed physicians be certified by both companies.

Last contacted 5 hours ago

NovaThreads

Thank you for your question. Novathreads are dissolvable polydioxanone (PDO) threads that are placed under the skin to produce a temporary lifting result in the desired area. The procedure is done in office under local anesthesia and has no down time. In my experience, I have seen results last anywhere between 6-12 months, however results vary. Novathreads differ from other thread lifting alternatives because they are made from an absorbable PDO suture. You are correct that threads can be used for other parts of the body as well. For example, I have used threads to lift sagging skin above the knee. I recommend consulting with a board certified physician who is trained using Novathreads in order to further discuss your candidacy.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Last contacted 1 day ago