Does Kybella work?

There's been a lot of noise around Kybella/ ATX-101 but does anyone know if it actually works?

Does Kybella work?

Kybella Is very new to the market, and according to the physicians who have performed the initial clinical trials, it does work. It will take multiple sessions over a period of several months to see the beneficial effect. It also only has an FDA indication for submental fat, and the sub-platysmal fat will not be removed with this product. Most patients have sub--platysmal fat, for which a neck lift is required. Kybella will not help with platysmal bands or loose skin in the neck either.

Does Kybella work?

YES! Kybella is very new to the market and it does work by destroying submental fat cells. Kybella was extensively studied prior to its FDA approval. It is a great non-surgical permanent treatment for submental fat.It typically takes about 2 treatments for patients to get the desired results. If you are interested, I would recommend an immediate consultation with me.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Kybella (Belkyra) Works

Yes, Belkyra does work by destroying submental fat cells.  One may require 2-3 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart to achieve optimal results.  Best wishes.

Does Kybella really work for fat reduction?

Kybella was extensively studied prior to its FDA approval.  Because Kybella is a medication vs. a laser procedure, its efficacy has to be demonstrated in many patients and the degree of improvement has to be far greater than laser procedures in order to receive FDA approval.Kybella wouldn't have received FDA approval for moderate to severe submittal fullness if it didn't work.  In my experience both in its use and as a clinical trainer in its proper use by other physicians treatments have failed to match those results seen in the patients submitted for FDA approval due to improper technique.  In addition, 2 to 4 treatments are required.  One treatment will not give you optimal results.  

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella: An Excellent Option for Most with Submental Chin Fat

Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”, is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can impact a broad range of adults, including both men and women, and can be influenced by several factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, and is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
In our experience , we find great results in as as few as 2 treatments but some patients may need as 4 .
Only the subcutaneous fat is reached with the KYBELLA injections. Occasionally we combine these treatments with other non-invasive skin tightening devices if this is necessary to improve the contouring.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Does Kybella work?

YES!  Kybella is a great non-surgical permanent treatment for submental fat.  As with any other surgery or procedure, picking the right patient makes a big difference.  This means that not every person is an ideal candidate for Kybella.  It typically takes about 2 treatments for patients to get the desired results.  If you are interested, I would recommend a consultation with a trained Kybella injector to see if this treatment is right for you.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Kybella and success

Kybella definitely does work! Kybella is very successful with proper patient selection at permanently reducing a double chin.  It also tightens the skin under the chin by at least 20% at the same time as the injection.  I usually combine Thermage with Kybella to tighten the skin to have the best cosmetic results.  Patients have been thrilled with this combination approach.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Treatments Proven Effective for Submental Chin Fat Removal

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin
.
Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out. Kybella is the first ever non-surgical option for dissolving double chin fat. Dr. Derek Jones, an associate clinical professor of dermatology at UCLA stated “upwards of 80% of people [with double chins] are concerned about the condition.”(  Dr. Jones was the lead investigator in a study)

We have had tremendous patient satisfaction , with noticable results within 2-4 weeks after treatments.

#Kybellatreatments   #submentalchinfat   #fatremovaltreatments

Treatment for Double Chins---it REALLY Works!

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .

Most times, only 1,2 or 3 treatments are needed to permanently remove fat beneath the chin!

The most common side effects of KYBELLA®include : swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area. Similar to any other injectable treatment, this can easily be minimized by avoiding over-the-counter medications and supplements such as Ibuprofen ( Motrin or Advil), baby aspirin, fish oils, Vitamin E and green tea.

We also offer an analgesic for mild discomfort and swelling and send patients home with ice packs and a chin strap to improve the recovery time!

#doublechintreatments   # Kybellaforfat    #submentalchinfat

Kybella Results

You’re right! Because Kybella is relatively new, there has been a lot of buzz surrounding its release. I have seen first-hand the amazing results that this product can produce. Kybella has been FDA approved for use in the submental region to help dissolve the fat that causes a “double chin”. It usually takes 3-4 treatments to see the optimal result and it’s best to space out treatments 4 weeks apart. If you are considering Kybella treatments, I recommend having a consultation with a board certified physician to make sure that you are a good candidate. The ideal candidate for Kybella has significant submental fat and excellent skin elasticity.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD