Exhaustion post CoolSculpting

I am 53 years old.almost 54.. Athletic. I had cool sculpting done over three days on my lower abs(2 pads) middle and upper(2 pads each. This was for stubborn fat. It is day 7 today. I am still in pain. Numb. Somewhat nauseous. Some bruising. Unable to excercise and mot important, I feel really really exhausted and often sleep up to three hours a day. I eat well. Always have. Been excercise get 5 days a week prior to this. Pretty intense excercise

Query exhaustion post Coolsculpting

Swelling and numbness is expect post coolsculpting procedures and can take up to two weeks to resolve. Some patients may feel as though they are unable to do strenuous exercise post procedure for the first two weeks due to swelling in the area, and may feel as though carry excess weight DUE TO the swelling. Bruising may also be seen in some patients, due to the suction technique used in Coolsculpting. 
Nausea is not a side effect from coolsculpting unless you can contribute it to some late onset pain you are experiencing. It is unlikely you feel exhausted due to the procedure however if this is the first time you have had a cosmetic or medical procedure, your body may be experiencing a certain type of shock and therefore feeling tired. At this point, you are best to consult your treating physician. 

All the best. 

Dr Davin Lim
Dermatologist 

Exhaustion after Coolsculpting

I have been doing Coolsculpting since it was first available and have not had a single patient who has complained of excessive fatigue like you are describing.  Some pain, nausea, and numbness can occur.  I would definitely consult your internist and treating physician for assessment.  Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green

Exhaustion Post CoolSculpting

Numbness and bruising after CoolSculpting can occur and take up to 2 weeks to fully resolve. There may also be some discomfort, but this will vary from person to person. Nausea and exhaustion are not expected after effects of the CoolSculpting treatment. You should contact your treatment provider and let them know what is going on so that they may further assist you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon