I want a CoolSculpting procedure for the Turkey Waddle. I am 55. Is this too old for this procedure?

Turkey waddle is usually better treated with skin tightening

While CoolMini by CoolSculpting is a new FDA approved treatment for submental chin fat that can be very effective in reducing a double chin in the right candidate, no matter their age, if your “turkey waddle” is caused primarily by loose skin then CoolMini may not be the right procedure for you. For loose skin under the chin and on the neck, a non-invasive skin tightening procedure such as ThermiTight or Ultherapy could be beneficial. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist with experience contouring the neck for an in-person consultation to find the right treatment plan to meet your goals. 

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

No age limit with CoolSculpt

The CoolMini applicator is beneficial for the "turkey waddle," and with no age limit CoolSculpting this area is ideal for many different people. CoolSculpting does not tighten skin, and that should be taken into consideration when opting for this procedure. Seeking an in-office consultation would be best in order to determine what treatment is best for you

Linda Cecilia Honet, MD
Bloomfield Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

No age limit with CoolSculpting

One of the benefits of CoolSculpting is that there is no age limit. We have had great success with CoolSculpting in our practice, and have treated many older patients. Your age of 55 is actually quite typical. An in-office consultation would be necessary to deem if you are an appropriate candidate or not, and if loose skin would be an issue that could affect your result.  Please feel free to contact our office for a consultation.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolScultping Age Requirements

There is no age limit or requirement with CoolSculpting, however it may not be your best option in addressing the loose skin. CoolSculpting is best used for getting rid of the unwanted fat and although it will help tighten the area, I don't think you'll recieve the results you were hoping for. A few other procedures you may want to look in to would be SmartLipo, Venus or Kybella. Good luck!

No Age Limit for CoolSculpting

Dear FrenchNeoClassical,

There is no specific age limit for CoolScupting.

CoolScupting is an excellent treatment for reducing unwanted fat. However, it will not tighten loose skin, which can be a common issue at your age.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs both nonsurgical and surgical cosmetic treatments for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Am I too old for coolsculpting to the neck

Thank you for your question.  while age is not a good determining factor for cool sculpting there are age related issues to consider.   While the cool mini applicator is designed specifically for this area, if you have significant skin laxity, your skin will actually hang more after the procedure.  There are options for skin tightening after cool sculpting, but sometimes when all is said and done, its more cost effective to have surgery.  I suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all you options.  

Brent Birely, MD

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity -- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella

I treat this everyday in my practice. You may be a surgical candidate but you do not need surgery for improvement. Properly performed liposuction with energy based devices and physical fat removal will do fantastic to remove the fat, lift the skin, and contour the jawline. I pretreat everyone with Botox 1-2 weeks before surgery to relax the neck muscles, allowing for better retraction of the skin after surgery. Then after treatment we do skin tightening with Venus Legacy to improve the results and decrease the neck swelling. I suggest you only see an expert for treatment of this area as a meticulous surgeon is required to get great results and complications in this area can be devastating both medically and cosmetically. A new medication that is used to remove chin fat with injections called Kybella may also be an option, as it secondarily allows for skin tightening/lifting as well. A formal consultation is needed to determine what are the best options for you. Coolmini can work well for certain patients on the neck but often need more fat than skin, so if you have a "waddle" ensure this is fat and not just skin which would require lifting or ThermiRF as well. Best, Dr. Emer.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting For Turkey Waddle Neck

The new CoolSculpting Cool-Mini applicator can be used to reduce fat of the double chin. Most turkey waddles, however, are the result of loose neck skin. This will not be treated by CoolSculpting. An alternative treatment may be more suitable for you. To best determine, you should see an experienced physician in your area for consultation. Your age is not an issue. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Cool-mini for neck

You are the typical age for the cool-mini which treats the neck area.  An in person consultation would be needed to see if this is the best treatment or Kybella or Thermage would be more beneficial.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting for the turkey waddle/double chin area

You are definitely not too old for this treatment, however, I would recommend you be evaluated in person to make sure you are a good candidate for treatment, there are a variety of other factors beside age that will determine the best treatment option for you.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon