What is the most effective non-surgical procedure to take inches off my hips?

Good day, I am interested in modeling and have 2-3 inches to lose on my hips. Exercise and diet did not work for me, and liposuction is not an option as I take Coumadin daily. I am interested in a non-surgical treatment to take the 2-3 inches off my hips. What would be the most effective procedure for me? And if you offer that treatment and are located in Ottawa or Toronto, I would love to hear from you.

Non surgical modality to reduce hips

CoolSculpting has FDA approval for fat reduction since 2010. CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells. Fat cells are more susceptible to damage by freezing than the other cells, (nerve, vessel, bone, etc.), around them. The fat cells die via a process called apoptosis, (programmed cell death). The number of fat cells are therefore reduced. This happens over a period of time, so the body is not overwhelmed with dead fat cells. The body will take these cells up, process them and excrete them, just as any other cell. The remnants are filtered through the liver, and then excreted eventually via stool.

Most effective non-surgical procedure to take inches off my hips?

If one is not a surgical candidate and if one is willing to be satisfied with a modest reduction in one's contour, either noninvasive laser or cooling therapies have been shown effective. This includes coolsculpting system and also Sculpsure laser system. Each modality has its pros and cons. Do remember, however, that results achieved can vary a bit from individual to individual and in general tend to be mild in comparisons to results from surgical liposuction.

CoolSculpting as a non-surgical treatment option

A proper consultation with an experienced individual is ideal to ensure that you are a qualified candidate for CoolSculpt. It is a very effective non-surgical procedure that can target your stated areas of concern by permanently destroying the fat cells. Each treatment cycle lasts a hour with no downtime. The number of cycles needed and the number of treatments can be determined during your consultation.

Linda Cecilia Honet, MD
Bloomfield Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting to reduce abdominal fat

It is difficult to a recommendation without photos or an in-person examination,  Generally speaking, though, CoolSculpting is an effective and safe non-surgical procedure for most patients who want to reduce abdominal fat.  In one study done on CoolSculpting, patients saw as much as a 23% reduction in abdominal fat thickness three months after the procedure.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Most Effective Non-Surgical Hip/Flank area reduction is Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is extremely safe and effective and can be used on every qualified candidate. With proper patient selection you will have excellent results.  With only a one hour session, you will decrease fat in a given area by up by 25%.  Best to find a board certified dermatologist with years of experience at this procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Non-surgical options to reduce hip/flank area

A great non-surgical fat reduction treatment is either CoolSculpting or Liposonix for the hip/flank area. Both procedures permanently destroy fat without any surgery or cutting of the skin. They are done in the office and take about 1 hour per area treated.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Decreasing the size of hips...

Without seeing you in person and knowing precisely what area you are concerned about, it would be impossible to say what your ideal treatment would be, if any.  Lasting results are often dependent on eating and exercise habits.  Some fat in the waist, hips, flanks lends itself well to non-surgical procedures like Coolsculpting but not everyone is a candidate.  For your best answer, plan on having a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that does Coolsculpting and other non-surgical procedures for body contouring.  Good luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Quick Fix for The Hips -- There isnt one!

I wish there was a quick fix for the hips, the only one that works best is liposuction and this can be performed in patients on blood thinners. I suggest you see a physician who can work around this issue.  However, there are other treatments avaialble like ultrashape/coolsculpting that work to remove some of the fat each treatment but the results take a few months to see and you will need a series of treatments.  Please see a body contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lose weight without surgery

It is very hard to achieve spot reduction without liposuction.  The long-term results of cool-sculpting is still unclear.  One thing to consider is the new intragastric balloon.  It will take your weight loss attempts to news ela of success without surgery.  You probably would need to get off Coumadin for a week and take Lovenox shots instead, but once in place, the balloon should help you eat less and maximize the results of your workouts.  The inches will come off your hips and waist, and you will feel better about how you look.  You should consider it if you have 10-35 lbs to lose. 

Daniel J. Rosen, MD
New York Bariatric Surgeon