Will dissolving Restylane dissolve ALL of it, or can it be used to bring down fullness slightly?

Had 1 syr Resty to lips, N/Ls, marionettes 7 wks ago. 5 wks ago had addtl syringe Restylane Silk to same areas. Face now feels too full. Also ridge lateral N/L line makes line worse. Also small bump. Can Dr use hyaluronidase to reduce fullness slightly and flatten ridge without losing everything completely? Will massage help? Does Resty naturally dissolve at a steady rate over 6-9 months -- or stay fairly steady then drop off sharply right at the end (like Botox). Are there risks to dissolving?

#Hyaluronidase Can Dissolve #Restylane Dermal #Fillers

Hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve Restylane and other hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers.This treatment is a little unpredictable and it can be difficult to dissolve specific portions but not all of the product. I have used serial micro injections of hyaluronidase to try to eliminate small amounts of the filler while retaining the desired results. Another option is to wait - Restylane slowly and evenly dissolves on its own over a period 6-12 months.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane filler

Thank you for your question.  Hyaluronidase would help to dissolve Restylane.  It is difficult to dissolve an exact amount.  The small bump could be injected with a small amount of hyaluronidase but there is a risk of dissolving some of the surrounding Restylane that you may want to keep.  Restylane will naturally dissolve evenly over the next 6-12 months.  I recommend discussing your options with your physician injector.

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist

Dissolving Restylane

Hyaluronidase dissolves Restylane but it is virtually impossible to dissolve some and not all--difficult to control or predict. Restylane goes away evenly over time and not a sudden drop

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Dissolving product

Dissolving product can be done using hyaluronidase.  It is difficult to use it in a way to control how much will dissolve in a given area.

Restylane and Dissolving Product

Restylane and Restylane Silk are two of my favorite products that I am using, especially around the mouth. However, there can be a great deal of swelling with these products.  I would definitely consult a specialist about dissolving the product that was not injected well with Vitrase.  Best, Dr. Green

Unhappy with results following injection of dermal fillers

Thank you for sharing your question. It would be very difficult to dissolve dermal fillers in specific areas. You should dissolve all of the product and then reinjected with an experienced doctor. 
Good luck,