Dissolving Juvederm in Temples?

My Doctor put 2 syringes of Juvaderm in my temple area a couple of weeks ago and I hate it. My face looks too wide and my eyes too close together now. I want it removed. How difficult is it to dissolve this product? (It is NOT the Voluma product). How many visits will it take to get this out of my temples/head?

Dissolving Juvederm in Temples?

Hello, yes this can be done with a product called "Hyelenex." You have to have experience with how to use this product and this only for doctors to do. if you are allergic to bees' venom, you may not use this product.
Good Luck
Dr. Downie

Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Dissolving Juvederm NYC

Juvederm is a great product but not for the temples. Unless the product is diluted it can have the effect you are describing. I would definitely have the product displaced with Vitrase. Please consult an experienced injector for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Dissolving Juvederm in Temples

Hyaluronidase can be used to dissolved the Juvederm. It may take 1-2 separate injections a few days apart to dissolved all of it. You may want to consider waiting another 2 weeks for the swelling to completely come down before doing some definitive. Perhaps you're just not used to your new look? Once you have hyaluronidase injected, you'll go back to your baseline appearance. If you're inclined to have this done again, maybe start with one syringe total instead of two. You can always add on - much more difficult to take away in a manner that's predictable.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Dissolving Hyaluronic Acid Fillers is Easy

It shouldn't be too difficult to remove but it may require more than one visit.  While it is not always predictable, you may want to consider starting with a small amount of the dissolving enzyme, which can leave some product in place giving you results somewhere in between no filler and too much filler. 

You may require a second visit if you want all the filler dissolved.  The enzyme, hyalurodinase works almost immediately and results improve over the next 48 hours.  It is important to go to someone who understands how the reversal agent works and they should have experience with it.

Call your injection and let him/her know what you want

All the best

Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hyaluronidase treatment

Hyaluronidase should work well to dissolve the injected Juvederm (or most most hyaluronic acid products).  It may take more than 1 visit to get all the product dissolved.  Best of luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase

Hyaluronidase is a product that can dissolve the HA fillers.  It may take more than one treatment to get the desired results.

Hyaluronidase works great to dissolve Juvederm

It should be easy to inject hyaluronidase into each temple and the juvederm will simply go away....be dissolved.     Hyaluronidase always works well for dissolving Juvederm.  My best,,, Dr Commons

Juvederm injection to temples

Any hyaluronic acid based filler, such as Juvederm Ultra, Voluma, Restylane, Belotero, etc, can be reversed with hyaluronidase. Voluma tends to require multiple treatments with hyaluronidase to reverse. The other fillers are usually much more sensitive to hyaluronidase. I would see an experienced injector for the hyaluronidase treatment. You will probably need 1-2 treatments. 

Dissolving Juvederm in Temples?

Hello Rdhead1,

Sorry to hear you did not like your filler result in the temple area.  There is an injection that can be done to get rid of the product.  Because of the amount of filler you had injected, it may take a couple of injections to get rid of all of the product.  I'd recommend you follow up with your injector to express your concerns.  

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving juvederm?

Sorry to hear this did not work out as planned.  In the meantime, just have them inject hyelnase into the area. It might take 2 visits, but most of it should be able to be cleared after just one visit.  Good luck.  
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon