Cankle problems NYC. Can anyone recommend a great doctor in the NYC area?

I'm 35yrs old 5'6 155lbs. I love my curves but really hate my calves knees and ankles. I've been thinking about having this surgery for quite sometime now. I'm extremely nervous because I have seen two plastic surgeons and they didn't seem qualified. Can anyone recommend a great doctor in the NYC area? I know it's not an easy procedure and need an experienced certified plastic surgeon. HELP!!!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Calf Reduction

When looking for a surgeon for something very specific, such as liposuction of the calves and ankles, it is important to find a doctor who routinely performs the procedure and who can show you before and after pictures of patients that they have operated on. These images will not only give you a sense of the surgeon’s skill, but will help you to better visualize the procedure for yourself.

Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can reduce the bulge that some people have in their ankles and restore a more shapely leg. Unlike other areas of the body the ankles and calves  require a certain delicacy which is why I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, to contour and re-sculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It’s thought to  involve less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of fat, but also re-sculpts the legs.

Cankles need an expert doc to get good results so traveling is usually a must.

Very few docs have the experience or know how to do cankles right so traveling to los angeles is usually a requirement to get it done under local where you are stood up occasionally to fine tune them with the micro cannulas.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

#liposuction

by far the most important thing is to make sure that you do not have ankle edema (swelling due to poor circulation). once that has been verified then I can say that you will have good results after the leg and ankle sculpting. I just did a cankle case 2 days ago and the patient is back to work today. it is quite gratifying and one can get smooth sculpted legs. all the best :)

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

Liposuction of calves and ankles

Many plastic surgeons will not perform liposuction below the knees.

there are a few reasons for this but mostly it has to do with technical difficulty and patients having potential prolonged swelling and pain.My experiences  has been patients have a very high satisfaction after this treatment.The procedure can be technically challenging because of tight turns working with straight instruments. 

Uneven contours and streaking can be problems if the procedure is not perform correctly.You may want to ask if the plastic surgeon has experience or performs liposuction on this part of the body before making an appointment. 

This is is not a common procedure so expect that surgeons may not have an abundance of before and after pictures. My practice is almost exclusively devoted to body contouring using liposuction in for a transfer. The last 2000 liposuction procedures I performed less than 10 where of calves and ankles 
Good luck in your search.Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D. 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Cankle and knee liposuction

Thank you for the question. I agree these areas are small but require expertise. 
My practice has seen an increase in requests for these areas recently with natural looking results. 
However not every patient is a good candidate. You must be seen in person to determine the best approach for you. 

Best of luck my dear 

Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Cankle liposuction

Liposuction is one of the simpler procedures performed by board certified plastic surgeons.  Cankle surgery is requested more less than abdominal liposuction and has a different set of concerns. Best of luck to you!

Your instincts are correct, experience is important for aesthetic results as well as expedited recovery.

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Calves and Ankles Liposuction can have dramatic results

While this is not the most common areas for liposuction, improvement of the calves and ankles can be dramtaic after liposuction in carefully selected patients, and in experienced hands. Patients that have had knees, calves and ankles are some of my happiest.

John A. Perrotti, MD