Is it possible that I'm already seeing coolsculpting results after 1 week?!

I had coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen last week with two medium sized applicators. The pain has been absolutely minimal -- Ive even felt comfortable lying on my stomach the whole time. It's definitely swollen but the swelling gets better every day. I think my stomach already looks smaller... is that humanly possible? Then again... maybe it's just not as swollen anymore and that's why it looks smaller to me. What do you all think?

Fat Layer Reduction

Normally, patients will start to notice results at about three weeks. However, the most dramatic results can be seen from 1 to 3 months. At three days post-procedure, studies found that fat cells are starting to undergo the inflammatory response, and macrophages are coming in to engulf the damaged cells. This process continues for weeks to months following the procedure. Therefore, it is possible to see results earlier than three weeks post-procedure.

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells.  For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly."  That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area.  It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body.  Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body.  It won't just "go straight" to one area.      

The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting.  You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it.  I have done it to myself and my staff.  It is truly effective and has no down time.The results can be seen from 1 to 3 months.

Best of Luck, Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting Results After One Week

The mechanism by which Coolsculpting decreases the layer of fatty tissue generally takes at least a few weeks but if you are already seeing results then that is fantastic!

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

It would be difficult to determine any visible results only 1 week after a CoolSculpting treatment, as what you are seeing may just be a reduction in any swelling that may have occurred. Many patients notice a difference just three weeks after their treatment, with optimal results becoming visible after 2 months. It may be best to wait a few more weeks and follow up with your treatment provider before judging the results of your treatment. 

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting results after 1 week

There is some anecdotal patient evidence to suggest that results can be seen in 1 week. However, we typically don't hear about patients seeing results for at least 1 month. This doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy the results you are seeing! Congrats! 

Coolsculpting results after 1 week

Thanks for your question! Results of Coolsculpting will be seen on a gradual basis as the body clears out these CoolSculpted fat cells. On average, you'll see a 20% reduction of fat in the treated area after one visit. Results are typically seen over a period of two to four months, so it is quite possible that your stomach looks smaller due to the reduction in swelling. Areas can be retreated as soon as 2 months after your treatment. Our office specializes in Coolsculpting and we would be happy to assist you.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Results after 1 week is rare, but seeing is believing

Usually after the treatment the area treated feels firm and swollen. When the swelling subsides and contraction occurs it usually takes 2 to 4 months for the full effect.  Of course, how intense the settings were and how many treatments (at least 2cycles) also has to be taken into account.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Are CoolSculpting Results Possible After 1 Week?

Based on our experience, ideal candidates for the CoolSculpting treatment see results in as little as 3-4 weeks. We have had some exceptional responders which have started to show results in 2 weeks after the treatment (myself included). It's possible that what you are seeing 1 week after treatment is a reduction in the swelling. Although, most people do not experience significant swelling after the procedure. Make sure you follow up with your treatment provider to check out your before and after pics. Best of luck to you!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting results after 1 week

Patients will begin to see results in 3 to 4 weeks from coolsculpting. The swelling may make assessment more difficult in the first couple of weeks.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and Cosmetic Results

Coolsculpting is a great mechanism for freezing the fat.  In general it takes several weeks for the fat cells to dissolve.  However, I have had a few patients who have seen great results within two weeks and have had amazing results.  Congrats that you are already having great success!