Would you use the Alex / Alexandrite Laser or Fraxel Dual to treat my sun spots/acne scars? (photos)

Or another suggestion? I am a white female with fair skin.

Fraxel or Alex-Trivantage Laser

You asked an excellent question about which laser to choose.  Fraxel Dual has two different wavelengths - one for dark spots and one for scars.  The Alex treats small isolated dark spots like you have very efficiently.  I would recommend the Alex for the spots and either the Fraxel (1550) or the eMatrix (RF) for your acne scars.  You can't treat both conditions at the same time.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne scars for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Sun spots/Acne scars

Thank you for your question. I would recommend the Fraxel Dual for the Sun spots and acne scars as it will be able to address both issues.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Treating sun spots and acne scars

The better of those choices is the Fraxel. The dual can treat both those conditions well. The alex laser is not good for acne scars and it not made for improving pigment. The QS laser is also good for sunspots and the Infini is good for acne scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD