Can Vanquish or some other non-invasive procedure help reduce a stomach apron? (Photo)

I have lost about 60 pounds, but still have this apron of squishy fat across my stomach. I don't want to go the panniculectomy route because I don't think its that severe (and scared of surgery). Would Vanquish help reduce the apron? Or would it leave me with less fat but more hanging skin? I do have more to lose, but I feel that if I deal with the apron bit as I lose, there will be less likelihood I will need a panniculectomy in the end.

Doctor Answers 3

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss

nonsurgical fat-loss techniques will result in more loose skin. The
only solution would be a tummy tuck combined with a VASER HI DEF 4D contouring approach. Please see an expert. Best, Dr.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Can Vanquish or some other non-invasive procedure help reduce a stomach apron?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Unfortunately, CoolSculpting and Vanquish are not effective treatments for loose skin which is bound to occur after significant weight loss.  Your best option is going to be a tummy tuck with liposuction for body contouring,  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring for best results.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

Abdominal fat reduction

Certainly Vanquish can improve things slightly, but it would require a dozen treatments or more. I have seen great results for this problem with surgery and I would steer you this way. I don't think that the money spent on noninvasive work will be cost effective.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.