Can Vanquish or some other non-invasive procedure help reduce a stomach apron? (Photo)

I have lost about 60 pounds, but still have this apron of squishy fat across my stomach. I don't want to go the panniculectomy route because I don't think its that severe (and scared of surgery). Would Vanquish help reduce the apron? Or would it leave me with less fat but more hanging skin? I do have more to lose, but I feel that if I deal with the apron bit as I lose, there will be less likelihood I will need a panniculectomy in the end.

Non surgical reduction options for the lower abdomen

The Vanquish procedure is a non surgical technology using radio frequency (RF) energy to permanently reduce excess fat cells. Of the non invasive options, I do prefer Vanquish over the other choice of CoolSculpt which uses cryotherapy for fat reduction.  The upgraded version, Vanquish ME, especially followed by the Cellutone treatment, which improves blood and lymphatic flow and drainage, can be especially effective in fat reduction.  Although the addition Exilis Ultra, a new upgrade combining RF and ultrasound energy can tighten lax tissue and enhance a Vanquish treatment, the amount of laxity in your picture would probably best be treated by proper surgical resection in order to adequately correct the problem. 

Vanquish - effect on loose skin after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!  That's a huge accomplishment!  

VanquishME is very effective at reducing fat and there would be some improvement by using the VanquishME in combination with Excilis Ultra.  In looking at the photo, however, the amount of loose skin that is present would take many treatments but would end up shrinking things up.  In my opinion, you would probably be best served by having an Tummy tuck (aka abdominoplasty) to tighten up the skin in combination with some body contouring; a panniculectomy is a very simple tummy tuck and I agree leaves you with not the greatest scars.   I would review tummy tucks carefully prior to spending any money on either.

So in summary a tummy tuck ( not a panniculectomy) is a surgical procedure that I would look into.  You would be dealing with the problem in a much shorter period of time and it is much more likely that you would be satisfied with the results!  However, if you are not a surgical candidate then maybe VanquishME is a reasonable option but it would take multiple treatments.  

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss

Unfortunately,
nonsurgical fat-loss techniques will result in more loose skin. The
only solution would be a tummy tuck combined with a VASER HI DEF 4D contouring approach. Please see an expert. Best, Dr.
Emer

Can Vanquish or some other non-invasive procedure help reduce a stomach apron?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Unfortunately, CoolSculpting and Vanquish are not effective treatments for loose skin which is bound to occur after significant weight loss.  Your best option is going to be a tummy tuck with liposuction for body contouring,  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring for best results.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal fat reduction

Certainly Vanquish can improve things slightly, but it would require a dozen treatments or more. I have seen great results for this problem with surgery and I would steer you this way. I don't think that the money spent on noninvasive work will be cost effective.

Steven F. Weiner, MD