I got the vanquish done on my abdomen about a couple of days ago and the first day I felt sore. Is this normal?

I have tenderness and swelling on my right side of my abdomen it's difficult for me to sit down

Abdominal tenderness after Vanquish treatment

Vanquish is a non surgical treatment utilizing multipolar radio frequency to breakdown excess fat cells.  The destroyed fat cell components are then removed by the body's immune and lymphatic system.  During this 'remodeling' process, the inflammatory response can cause some irritation or inflammation ('panniculitis') which can result in some tenderness.  This is not unusual and is temporary and casually be managed with warm, moist compresses and anti inflammatory medication such as Motrin or Advil.

The new upgraded Vanquish ME when followed with the Cellutone, a device that uses a sound wave to improve blood and lymphatic flow, can be helpful in reducing this discomfort and improving results.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Tenderness on one side after Vanquish

Vanquish causes accelerated fat cell break down in the field of treatment.  In some areas of thicker collagen, the accelerated fat breakdown can feel more tender.  If this occurs, I advise patients to take a non-steroidal like Motrin, or Aleve and to gently massage the area three times a day.  It is also important to hydrate well before each treatment.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

yes- this is normal and is a sign it is working- would not worry- even small bumps might temporarily occur

E. Victor Ross, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish Is SAFE, Follow with Exilis or Venus Legacy and Cellutone or Z Wave; Exercise!

I find that this is normal as long as there is no blisters or significant pain. I follow all treatments with RF and shock therapy to get better outcomes. Dr. Emer.