What products would you recommend for my hair growth? I am already on 5% minoxidil. I recently added progesterone cream (Photos)

I don't shed too much (5-10 strands a day). since adding the progesterone, microneedling with a 2 mm needle once a month, and jojoba oil I've noticed some sprouts at the hairline. But the part is still very wide, especially in the middle bang area. The hair just won't grow back. Should I consider surgical options? Are there any other things to consider?i am only 31, hair got much thinner in the last 2-3 years. It is genetic, my mom and grandmother lost their hair but around 45-50

Use your own cells to help grow your hair back

Minoxidil is a great therapy for female hair loss.  However, more recently, cellular therapy has been shown to have tremendous benefits for stimulating hair growth and reducing hair loss.  I have been using PRP with growth factors for many years with outstanding results.  It's non surgical, low maintenance and works!

Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss Treatment Basics--Minoxidil with Progesterone and PRP

Minoxidil works best in combination with other non-invasive options like PRP and progesterone injections. This would require a series of treatments, and usually after a monthly injection for 4-5 months should show improvement. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair loss

I agree that microneedling and direct injection of PRP( platelet rich plasma) has been very helpful in men and women.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Females with hair loss

I have written extensively about female hair loss on my balding blog and it is not a simple matter to make the diagnosis or treat it.  If you are thinning, the best cosmetic treatment is scalp micropigmentation.,  See both posts below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss in women

Be sure to see a dermatologist  for guidance in what might be happening. Medical options are key - not surgical for you. The best evidence for female genetic hair loss from the published medical literature is minoxidil and spironolactone, not microneedling, not progesterone. These should be considered first.