How long should you wait after liposuction to get breast augmentation?

I want to get liposuction and breast augmentation. I want to get liposuction first so how long should I wait to get my breasts done? Also should both the procedures be done by the same surgeon or can I go to two different surgeons? Thankyou :)

Liposuction and breast augmentation

These procedures can often can be combined into one trip to the operating room.  If there are specific reasons you want them separated, I would advise waiting 6 months so that any liposuction touch ups could be done during the breast augmentation.  Many plastic surgeons perform both procedures, so it may not be necessary to have two surgeons.

Liposuction and breast augmentation

These can be done together - for example, during the mommy makeover, I perform breast augmentation with liposuction of the flanks, and a tummy tuck.

Clearly, it can be done by the same plastic surgeon.

If you have a large amount of liposuction done, I would advise waiting a minimum of 4+ weeks to fully recover, before doing the augmentation portion.  If you wait 5-6 months, then any touch-up's (if needed) could potentially be done at the same time.

Liposuction and Breast Augmentation -- Time For Procedures

The procedures can be done together but if you wanted to do them separately you may want to wait till one heals to see the results and then do the other.  Although, I frequently do liposuction and then the day later my partner will do breast.  It is really up to the physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction and Breast Augmentation

The amount of time you should wait after liposuction before another cosmetic procedure is for full healing to occur from the liposuction. This will then allow to see the final results of the liposuction and determine if there is any need for a 'touchup'. This could then be conveniently done at the time of the breast augmentation. This would be somewhere between 3 and 6 months after the liposuction. This also speaks to the potential advantages of having both body procedures done by the same plastic surgeon.

How long to wait between 2 cosmetic surgeries

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and breast augmentation.

You can definitely go to 2 different surgeons if you wish - is there a need to do this?
  • If you have found a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you like, s/he can certainly do both procedures.
  • It is usually best to wait 6 weeks between operations.
  • That said, if the liposuction is a small area and you recover quickly, you may have the breast augmentation as early as 2 weeks later - but ask your surgeon (or both surgeons, if you have two of them!).

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction and Breast Augmentation

Hi there, 
both procedure liposuction and breast augmentation can be performed at the same time only if you are a candidate for liposuction. That's why it's important to get a consultation with your board certificate surgeon.  

Eduardo Gongora, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon