Nasolabial folds: horribly deep at only 33! (Photo)

I'm only 33 years old, and I always looked young for my age up until about 28 then WHAM!! NASOLABIAL FOLDS! Worse than anyone I've ever met personally. I feel I look 65. My self esteem is in the toilet. If I gently pull them back I look 100% better. My question is for the doctors, looking at the pic, do you think I can be helped with juvederm and/or similar products? How many syringes would I need for these ugly folds need to be eradicated?

Doctor Answers 3

Deep Nasolabiall folds

From the attached photos it looks as if you need not only injection of filler in the fold but likely some over the orbit just under the eye.  This would give you a fuller cheek under the eye as it looks like in the limited view picture that you have some depression there.  By rounding out the area under the eye it gives you a kind of lift to that area and helps lift the fold too. I would think a 1cc vial per side would give you a good lift and a more youthful look.


You are an excellent candidate for nasolabial fold correction with a hyaluronic acid filler.  Juvaderm ultra plus xc  or a similar filler would do an excellent job.  Sculptra could also work quiet well, and give a long-lasting result.  Based on current recommendations, you would likely need 2-3 cc of volume correction because of the depth, and because men tend to have larger faces and use slightly more product than women.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

NL lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos.In my opinion, you are an excellent candidate for rejuvenation using hyaluronic acid fillers (such as those you mention). The primary problem is not within your NL lines themselves, but rather volume loss in your cheeks that is resulting in the accentuation of these lines. Hard to say exactly from the photos, but probably only 1 syringe of Voluma split between your cheeks, and then perhaps a small amount of Juvederm directly into the NL line, if you would like to have it further softened. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.