My face is flat. What can I do to help enhance my features? (Photo)

I have a flat face and feel my nose is too big. What can I do to look more attractive? I don't know if fillers would be ideal for my cheeks to help improve laugh lines around mouth or should I do buccal fat removal? Not sure please help!!!!

Facial filler?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I do think you're a good candidate for hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. I would not recommend buccal fat removal, as this would likely make you look more sunken in as you age. You might look the look that could be achieved with placement of a small amount of volumizing filler (such as Voluma) in your cheeks to give you more structure. You could also consider placement of filler in the chin area to give you more projection. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial fillers

Hi, thank you for your question and photos. For a young patient like yourself, I think augmentation in strategic places such as cheeks can be very helpful in accentuation of the cheeks that help frame your eyes. The most common and easiest way to do this is fillers such as Voluma(TM) . Some patients are candidates for cheek implants as a permanent way to augment the cheeks. Buccal fat removal has sutble effect in creating a narrower lower face however, it is controversial as many believe that it can make the face hollower later on in life. It's a trade off like everything else so consult someone who is knowledgeable in all above procedures.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma for facial shaping

I do not recommend removing your buccal cheek fat.   As you age, you will naturally lose fat throughout your face.  Removing that fat will make you look older faster.  Instead, embrace that fullness and reproportion your face by adding filler in the central face and chin (the latter is an off label use).  Voluma is a great choice because it provides long lasting lift and fullness.  Those subtle 'tweaks' can transform your face into the 'ideal' heart shape (think of every Disney princess of every ethnicity), your great wide set eyes will 'pop', your nose will appear more proportional, and your profile will improve.I hope this answer is helpful.  Best of luck!

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Face enhancement

thanks for your question. Dermafillers are the best non surgical and non permanent option for you. I suggest you to see a physician with enough experience for consult

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician